Where online can I get a full enclosure for my boat (pics)

trendsetter240

Lieutenant
I'm looking for a full bimini top+enclosure for my 1969 slickcraft ss170v. I haven't been able to find anything online for my specific boat.

Does anyone know of a company that makes these enclosures to spec? For example if I provide the dimensions then they'd sell the materials, poles and mounting hardware.

I'm looking for something like this in the pics below. This is on a bayliner 192 and my boat is a similar shape only 2 feet smaller.

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where online can I get a full enclosure for my boat (pics)

I dunno, but I'll be watching this thread. I'd love something like that for my bowrider. Awesome visibility and weather protection...could have used it for the festival of fire in Toronto last year. Drizzled all night...the bimini helped, but could have used some more protection.

Ian

rbh

Fleet Admiral

best bet is to call around the lower mainland to upolstery shops/boat top shops, they can make you the top, plus the frame.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

try right here at i boats. they are great ...ship quick and are really good to deal with.

if you need custom... royal city bedding in vancouver....(actually new west) they primarily do seats,,,,but im sure they will do that....there are tons of shops that can handle that...

btw.....that looks like sidney? i boater magster is there as well

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Try Leta's top shop in Washington. Have heard great things about her work, quality and service. google her. HTH

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Try a shop that deals in awnings for homes and business.

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

try right here at i boats. they are great ...ship quick and are really good to deal with.

if you need custom... royal city bedding in vancouver....(actually new west) they primarily do seats,,,,but im sure they will do that....there are tons of shops that can handle that...

btw.....that looks like sidney? i boater magster is there as well

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I did take a look at the iboats store but could only find the bimini tops, not a complete enclosure.

I'd think there would be kits available with adjustable poles and straps that could fit say a 16.5 to 17.5 ft runabout.

Those pics are at my marina here in Vancouver.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I really doubt you will be able to mail order this..... you would need to make patterns and if you could do that you could make your own top... Your best bet is to have someone come do it to your specifications on your boat

woosterken

Lieutenant

if that is in your marina leave a note on it, have the guy contact you.
maybe you could score the the name of the people that did it , or maybe the measurements to take to a top shop.
also take the pictures with you so they have an idea what you want.

woosterken

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Only way is custom from a marine canvas maker.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Here's a link to a google search for boat covers in Vancouver BC: http://www.google.com/search?q=vancover+bc+boat+covers&hl=en&sa=2

If you take it in to someone they'll take care of all the attachment points as well and have penty of ideas on different designs and materials.

I had a complete cover built locally and they also replaced snaps and added attachments where necessary. Took the boat in to them and they had it done in 5 days. Mine is a two piece top with plenty of zipout windows in the front and a removeable solid rear section.

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

Here's a link to a google search for boat covers in Vancouver BC: http://www.google.com/search?q=vancover+bc+boat+covers&hl=en&sa=2

If you take it in to someone they'll take care of all the attachment points as well and have penty of ideas on different designs and materials.

I had a complete cover built locally and they also replaced snaps and added attachments where necessary. Took the boat in to them and they had it done in 5 days. Mine is a two piece top with plenty of zipout windows in the front and a removeable solid rear section.

Hey pirate, how many feet is your boat and how much did the custom enclosure cost if you dont mind?

Would it be reasonable for me to assume the price for an enclosure like the one in my pics would be under 1000$?

I've got a list of local shops now but can't get any details until Tuesday because of the easter holiday.

RWilson2526

my guess for bimini with full enclosure....$1,800

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

depends GREATLY on location and who does it... somewhere in the 1500 to 2500 range would be my guess

Bondo

Staff member

Would it be reasonable for me to assume the price for an enclosure like the one in my pics would be under 1000$?

Ayuh,... Under a Grand is merely a Down Payment on Custom Canvas...

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

My boat is an 18' runabout and the cover was $1,200 last summer. The front part where it snaps to the windshield is tall enough that you can stand up comfortably. There's also a zippered walkthrough for access to bow lines and really works well for visibility. I'd say that the front is similar to what's shown ecept that it's solid blue with zipout windows. It ends about half way down and there is another section that zips on to cover the back half of the boat if you want it. I had it made at a tent and awning shop. They provided all the hardware and obviously knew what they were doing. The guy did caution me abut trailering with the top up. He said that the top itself would be ok at 65 mph but a truck going the opposite direction could increase the wind velocity and could cause some serious damage.

I liked the idea of being able to talk to someone and have them offer ideas on how they could make the cover and let me feel and see the different types of fabric. Since mine is an older boat, having the boat in their shop was really the best way to do it.

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

My boat is an 18' runabout and the cover was $1,200 last summer. The front part where it snaps to the windshield is tall enough that you can stand up comfortably. There's also a zippered walkthrough for access to bow lines and really works well for visibility. I'd say that the front is similar to what's shown ecept that it's solid blue with zipout windows. It ends about half way down and there is another section that zips on to cover the back half of the boat if you want it. I had it made at a tent and awning shop. They provided all the hardware and obviously knew what they were doing. The guy did caution me abut trailering with the top up. He said that the top itself would be ok at 65 mph but a truck going the opposite direction could increase the wind velocity and could cause some serious damage.

I liked the idea of being able to talk to someone and have them offer ideas on how they could make the cover and let me feel and see the different types of fabric. Since mine is an older boat, having the boat in their shop was really the best way to do it.

Hey thanks for that. This is all very helpful info.

I'm leaning towards finding a good shop that does this and bring the boat in to have it done. My boat is an older model also so it will surely need to be a custom job.

I walk past this boat at the marina every day and when it's raining out I am wishing I had that enclosure!

Cheers

RWilson2526

Not only great in the rain but will extend your season big time with the cold weather.....a nice sunny 40-45 degree day and it will be 65 degrees inside that baby at least.