Ski Barge information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski Barge

Recruit
I have a Ski Barge boat that I need to find out the year model on so I can register it. It is made by Kenner Boats in Knoxville Ark. Also has Ken Craft Boats on the id plate. The serial # is 16604. I have searched and cant find any info. Thanks, John.

Attachments

• 0131001343.jpg
    0131001343.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 0131001345.jpg
    0131001345.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ski Barge information

the year is uasually the last 2 numbers on the hull id

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats. :)

The USCG did not start requiring Hull Identification Numbers until 1974. If your boat is a pre 1974 chances are all you will have (if you are one of the lucky ones) is a serial number.

Ski Barge

Recruit

Thanks for the replys, I have been to Kenner's website and they don't have a email address on their contact page. They do have a phone number I will try. Best I can tell they are owned by tracker marine group. I am pretty shure my boat is pre 74. I had it registered in GA for 6 years but last time I tried to renew they said my hull id was incorrect because it didnt have enough numbers, thats why I need to know the year to prove its before hull id numbers. It does have a serial number.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ski Barge the problem in Ga is that they have outsourced the Registration process and you no longer deal with the state. The HIN number they want doesn't exist on your boat so we know it is older than a 1974. If you want to register the boat you may have to do some writing to the company doing the registration and explain that your boat is older than a 1974 and all you have is a serial number. Good Luck. Where in NE Ga are you Located?

Ski Barge

Recruit

Hey Jim, I'm in elberton. It's a pain, I just want to renew. Ga has made it very difficult to register a boat now. It used to be simple. I also have a jon boat that I have had for 7 or 8 years and used only in ponds, but now I want to register it but can't. You have to have Ga bill of sale from their website that is notarized. Problem is the guy I bought boat from has died and I only have a hand written bill of sale.

gofish100

Recruit
I have an 1982 ski barge and had the same problem but found the number stamped into the bottom of the guard rail. It is located, if you are standing outside of the boat look to your right of the engine and on the rail you should be able to see it. Look closely.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have an 1982 ski barge and had the same problem but found the number stamped into the bottom of the guard rail. It is located, if you are standing outside of the boat look to your right of the engine and on the rail you should be able to see it. Look closely.

I think the OP took care of this 8 years ago.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.