Ranger bass boat with a 5.7 L. I/O ???

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
Got a call last night from a seller looking to sell his boat as a project boat because the engine was not winterized and has a cracked block. (not repairable, will need a new short block, heads unknown.) Its a 1990 Ranger Comanche 395V (20') on a decent trailer. Boat visually looks to be in very good condition.

I don't know squat about fishing boats to be honest and I was surprised that this came with an I/O. I thought all the Ranger bass boats were powered with an O/B. (See how much I don't know?) The drive is a Bravo 1 and the engine is a 5.7 L. running 260 HP. (EFI)

Couple of questions, how desirable is a boat tlike this with an I/O? (My gut says most would prefer an O/B but thats just a guess.) Book value on it is around $3000 not counting trailer and the trailer comes with it. That number seems low to me but maybe its because its not that desirable? Any thoughts?

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Ranger bass boat with a 5.7 L. I/O ???

The I/O bass boats aren't that desireable. They tried to make it in the market, but people just didn't buy into them. First and foremost is the issue with cold weather operation of an I/O versus an O/B. If a serious fisherman wants to go out and fish in December, the I/O winterization is a real killjoy. Most bass boats also don't weigh enough to warrant the power advantages of the I/O setup. Lastly, the shallow draft of the bass boat means the I/O sits up high and you lack the ability to get the outdrive out of the water when running in the shallow stuff. It also intrudes on the deck space when the engine is in the boat. Lots of reasons they didn't take off in the bass boat market, but I sure didn't know they ever made a Ranger with a Bravo outdrive.

cr2k

Captain

I wish everyone would put their location on the posts.

I am looking for a "donor" boat. Where is this one? I have a customer with a 22 ft. bayliner with a VP AQ130. He got the boat for cheap and has spent a lot to revive the interior and a new bimini top. Now he wants some power to pull his kids and grandkids around the lake.

We are looking for a V-6 to V-8 complete set up.

This is near Fresno CA.
If this is in CA or close please PM me.

Jeep Man

Commander

I wish everyone would put their location on the posts.

I am looking for a "donor" boat. Where is this one? I have a customer with a 22 ft. bayliner with a VP AQ130. He got the boat for cheap and has spent a lot to revive the interior and a new bimini top. Now he wants some power to pull his kids and grandkids around the lake.

We are looking for a V-6 to V-8 complete set up.

This is near Fresno CA.
If this is in CA or close please PM me.

I'm with you. I wish everyone put their location on their posts, but this one has it, Worth County Missouri.