StarBrite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarBrite

Don't know if i'm using the correct name. This stuff is somekind of a composite used in boats for constructing doors and such. Where is the best place to get it? I think it's kinda expensive. Any thought would be appreciated.Tony
    '95 Grady White 268 Islander
    Twin '95 Johnson 175's

Re: StarBrite

Probably StarBoard is what you're referring to. They actually make several grades, and StarLite is the name of one of the grades. Here's a good source.. Harbor Sales Here's the manufacturer: King Starboard Hope that helps!Roger

Comment

Tony,King Starboard is what you are referring to.If you need any size at all ,I have a good contact for you to use.Descon marine fabrications in west babylon.Ask for steve.You can tell him Charlie referred you.He just did a sliding cabin door for me in smoked black plastic and his fabrication work is fantastic.I highly recommend him.His # is 631 253-4090.Charlie

Comment

Thanks Charlie, are you from Long Island? I happen to live in Babylon, couldn't be closer to West Babylon!
        '95 Grady White 268 Islander
        Twin '95 Johnson 175's

Comment

Small world tony,i have been a Great South bay boater since the 70s.I have taken the Babylon cut a few times.Give steve a call re starboard he is very reasonable,especially for smaller odd size pieces.Feel free to mention me and the sliding door he made for me in the spring.I promised him i would spread his name in the marine industry being he is going from mostly commercial products and is just getting into the marine end of it.Charlie

Comment

It is great stuff, It is like the plastic material that divides urinals and are walls around toilets in gas station restrooms.
            "Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie” –Cookie Monster

Comment

Working...
            X