Glastron or Mariah?

reap182

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Glastron or Mariah?

Always liked the glaston, but in the end it's up to you.

haulnazz15

Captain

Well I just went out to the Mariah boats website and I wasn't impressed with the updated design. Looks like they've tried to copy the rest of the boat market, and put their own deisgn twist on it that doesn't work for me. I think I'd go for the Glastron as well between the two.

BigKevApp

Recruit

I have a 2003 Mariah SX9. I LOVE it and would not trade it for ANYTHING! Now with that being said, I have a neighbor that has a 2006 18' Glastron (not sure of the model but just like my SX9) and he LOVES it! My thoughts...Test drive!!

heathk2003

Cadet

The 08 glastron gxl185's with a 4.3 v6 were selling for $19995 at the boat show last year and they were brand new. BTW ... I love my glastron too!!!

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

The Glastrons are a very good hull design and plane at very low speeds. The 3.0 ain't gonna win a lotta races, but probably will get that hull up and running without a lotta trouble. However, I'd also prefer the 4.3, I have the TKS 4.3 (non-mpi version) at about 190HP if I remember right on my GT205 and it'll hit 50mph with four adults in it (GPS @ 49 on smooth water) poorly propped at that. I think with two adults and the proper prop I could easy just skim over 50mph. So put the same engine on the 18' and she'd be a mighty fast little boat. Handling is superb, although mine doesn't handle very rough water too well, the modified V hull kinda slaps the waves a bit and requires a steady throttle and trim control for a smooth ride in those conditions. The upside, is that when anchored the hull has very little roll in the waves. We were in 1-2' rollers anchored watching the air show here in Toronto last year, and all occupants were comfortable and able to move around the boat without much trouble.

We bought ours last year, it was the last '08 on the lot, with a Canadian MSRP of ~$42,000.00 (with included options) and we rolled outta the dealership at $28,000.00 including trailer and taxes, and safety gear. So shop around. Took us 4 months to find her...and we love every minute on her!

Ian