Bimini top mounting bracket

rs1lollie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking at getting a bimini top for my 1990 Maxum 1800 bowrider, The question I have is, where do you mount the main post bracket, on the inside of the window, or outside of the window?? this will determine the width I order. It has a bracket mounted on the inside of windshield for the cockpit cover but that cover is to low for just cruising around and it also snaps to windshield. could I use the existing bracket??:confused:

767Captain

Seaman
Re: Bimini top mounting bracket

The mounts go outside the windshield. Otherwise, you won't be able to fold the bimini down in front of the windshield for storage.

MRS

Commander

The mounts go outside the windshield. Otherwise, you won't be able to fold the bimini down in front of the windshield for storage.

This is true plus if you go to the iboats store they really have great prices and they will let you know what size to buy. I have bought many parts from here and they are less or same price from most other places and are delivered on time.

767Captain

Seaman

The bimini I recently bought was $192.36 + $20.00 shipping. 6' long, "Hot Shot" material, aluminum frame. Boot included. Obviously you don't want to pay more than that...

Last edited:

rs1lollie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info guys, I 'm going to order one from iboats today.:D