Bimini top mounting bracket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini top mounting bracket

I'm looking at getting a bimini top for my 1990 Maxum 1800 bowrider, The question I have is, where do you mount the main post bracket, on the inside of the window, or outside of the window?? this will determine the width I order. It has a bracket mounted on the inside of windshield for the cockpit cover but that cover is to low for just cruising around and it also snaps to windshield. could I use the existing bracket??

Re: Bimini top mounting bracket

The mounts go outside the windshield. Otherwise, you won't be able to fold the bimini down in front of the windshield for storage.
    Wellcraft 23 W/A
    Evinrude 200 Ocean Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 767Captain View Post
      The mounts go outside the windshield. Otherwise, you won't be able to fold the bimini down in front of the windshield for storage.
      This is true plus if you go to the iboats store they really have great prices and they will let you know what size to buy. I have bought many parts from here and they are less or same price from most other places and are delivered on time.

Comment

agree with MRS .
        FLORIDA GATORS
        TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
        That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

The bimini I recently bought was $192.36 + $20.00 shipping. 6' long, "Hot Shot" material, aluminum frame. Boot included. Obviously you don't want to pay more than that...
          Last edited by 767Captain; November 30th, 2009, 07:15 PM. Reason: added info
          Wellcraft 23 W/A
          Evinrude 200 Ocean Pro

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I 'm going to order one from iboats today.

Comment

Working...
            X