Blue Star Boats Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

jconnell

Recruit
I recently purchased a used (50's or 60's) 14ft Blue Star aluminium fishing boat and it doesn't have a indentifacation plate and was wondering if anyone knew of a website which might have old boats specs available. This boat is made very well (almost like a military or Coast Guard craft), it has heavy guage metal, is extra wide (5ft beam) and a semi-deep vee with a lot of built in floatation and rivited like an old Lone Star boat. I am wanting put an Evinrude 18hp on it but am not sure that I will be exceeding the boats limitations. Any info would be great.

fishbob

Recruit
Re: Blue Star Boats Info

I recently purchased a Blue Star 14' aluminum from a man in Oswego KS, which he had purchased at an auction. I have been unable to find a web site but did find a serial number plate just below the motor mount board. As long as it floats I guess it really doesn't bother me.
bob

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you can find the forumula here http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=191283

but an 18 on that boat is perfect. you may have to add weight to the bow, if boating alone, with a tiller controled motor.

here is a 1960 Lone star i had, i put remote controls and stick steering at the middle seat. was a really fun boat. 55 15 hp rude.

debbydo

Recruit

I bought a Blue Star 14' aluminum v-hull on a trailer, back in the late 80's, for $300. I've always thought that it's vintage is of the 40's or 50's. Don't know for sure. I'd appreciate anything anyone can tell me about these boats. I've got a bunch of pictures, but don't know how to post them. Lately we thought of hauling it to the salvage yard; at $0.60/lb, the metal's worth $240-$300. It really is in good condition, but is a project boat, because it does have some leaky rivets. A guy may purchase it from me, without the trailer, for the value of the metal. I'd like to do this rather than selling it for salvage. I'd really like to know more about the boat.

Thanks

two-tone

Recruit

I had a 14 foot BlueStar for 26 years, would like more info. restoring in progress now it had a livewell in it that looked factory made but not for sure also maybe steering not all parts there when purchase I do know they went out of bussines in 1971.Theirs no numbers on boat .Just Bluestar MiamiOklahoma.any info would be appreciated Thank Two-Tone

I just bought a 14 foot boat that had no idifacation I could see.
I called Arizona Game and fFish they said manufacturer and serial number should be on outside back above waterline .
I got sanding it found inside left side Blue Stare of Kansas and serial number at 14635 boat in real good shape had 4 coats paint on it I am removing. Paid $50.0 for.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
William you posted on a VERY old thread . Please take some time and look at the rules ..
Start a thread in the restoration section on your boat if you want . Good folks can help you out if needed
The mods will close this thread shortly .. Welcome Aboard !

Status
Not open for further replies.