Dull Boat Graphics

samuels

Cadet
I just got a used Hydra-Sport center console.It is a 85 model that has the large graphics.The graphics are brown and boy are they dull.I tried a couple of different things with no luck.Does anyone out there know of something or have any ideas? Thank You

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Dull Boat Graphics

odds are, they are vinyl. spray some armor all on a rag?

Islandlure

Seaman

They are vinyl and they just fade over time, a good sign shop can remove and install new ones for you. You might want to remove them yourself and buff out then take it to the signs guys to make and install the new ones. Should be too terribly expensive, It is what I do for a living and I do a couple boat jobs a week.

mgb

Cadet

Others have had great success using Vaseline to revive dull, faded, oxidized graphics and gelcoat. There are several threads on this board if you do a search.

dkorzun21

Chief Petty Officer

Others have had great success using Vaseline to revive dull, faded, oxidized graphics and gelcoat. There are several threads on this board if you do a search.

VASELINE MOST DEF. THAT STUFF IS AMAZING SEARCH VASELINE IN THE FORUM AND CHECK OUT IT!! I DONT USE ANYTHING ELSE NOW TO BRING BACK MY FADED OLD RED PUT IT ON A MONTH AGO AND STILL LOOKING LIKE BRAND NEW