Boat Cover Snaps

vfulton

Recruit
I have a 1995 Chris Craft 18 Concept bowrider that has a cover with vinyl snaps. I took the boat in to have the cover replaced, but the people I've talked to have never seen vinyl snaps before. The male part of the vinyl snap is bigger than steel snaps, so they can't simply replace the vinyl with steel. Has anyone seen vinyl snaps for a boat cover before? Any idea where I can find replacements or suggestions on how to replace the vinyl ones with steel? Thanks!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

chrisscorpion

Recruit
Re: Boat Cover Snaps

I have a 1995 Chris Craft 18 Concept bowrider that has a cover with vinyl snaps. I took the boat in to have the cover replaced, but the people I've talked to have never seen vinyl snaps before. The male part of the vinyl snap is bigger than steel snaps, so they can't simply replace the vinyl with steel. Has anyone seen vinyl snaps for a boat cover before? Any idea where I can find replacements or suggestions on how to replace the vinyl ones with steel? Thanks!

vfulton,
I'm looking for the male white nylon 1" long, 1/4" diam., phillips head screws to redo my bow & cockpit covers on my 1995 Chris Craft 18 Concept bowrider. Need about 50 pcs. So far I can't find them either. Did you ever find a source?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Boat Cover Snaps

3 + year old thread.... You're not going to get a response from the OP...