Steering Wheel Trim Buttons

k2mtnbiker

Cadet
Can you tell me if the 2002 Tracker Pro 18 is pre wired near the console or control box with a<br />plug for the steering wheel tilt/trim switch that I want to add to my boat? The switch I purchased<br />has a plug on the end of the coiled cord.

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Steering Wheel Trim Buttons

I'm a little confused<br /><br />1) Did you buy the lever type trim switches that mount like a turn signal in a car?<br /><br />2) Where is your current trim switch located<br /><br />The lever type is meant to splice into the wiring of your existing switch. You just match up the colors.

k2mtnbiker

Cadet

Thanks for your response Spencer. The trim switch I purchased is one that mounts on the spoke of the steering wheel. My boat already has a switch mounted on the control box , as well as a switch on the motor and on the bow. I had a pontoon turn in front of me while I was trimmed out and couldn't turn loose of the wheel due to riding on the side of a wake. I decided then to put the steering wheel switch on so I can trim down or up without moving my hands from the wheel. thanks

Ralph 123

Captain

You should be able to simply "T" off the switch in the control box. All of the wires should be color coded to make it straight forward.<br /><br />If you want to make it real easy, Anchor Marine makes a 3-way butt connector you can use.

k2mtnbiker

Cadet

Thank you very much, I am so glad I discovered iboats.com while searching for information. You have been a great help, and maybe someday, I can help someone else, as you have helped me. Again, thank you very much for your help. Have a nice day/week/year and a long life.....

k2mtnbiker

Cadet

;) Thanks Spencer, I installed the steering wheel trim switch yesterday, and with your information, it was a piece of cake. Once I found the wiring harness at the control box, it was simple, and as you stated, everything was color coded.<br />Thanks to people like you, life is made easier, again, thank you for your input. :p

Ralph 123

Captain

Thanks for following up and you are very welcomed.