Boat interior rebuild/remodel

tobolamr

Cadet
I recently got a 1972 model 14'6" Starcraft aluminum boat. There are no hull leaks. The decking is starting to go out because the boat was stored uncovered and outdoors most of its life. I want to rebuild and remodel the interior from the decking up.<br /><br />I want to build light, strong, long-lasting additions to this boat and outfit it with a few things commonly found on newer fishing boats. After researching here, I have learned that wood is not the only material I can use for this project. I know how to do the work, for the most part, but just want to use the materials best suited for the application.<br /><br />What materials should I frame with? How thick should my floor decking be, and of what material(s)? Should I plan to fiberglass? What do I use on side panels? <br /><br />Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Boat interior rebuild/remodel

Do a search in the project boat section. I am sure some one has restored one like that.<br /><br /> welcome aboard there is a wealth of information on this site.

tobolamr

Cadet
Re: Boat interior rebuild/remodel

Could this please be moved to the project boating section? I apologize, as I did not see that forum earlier hehe :)