performer boat company?

jeff akin

Cadet
Just bought new fixer-upper made by performer boat company in 1973. Hull is great except transom , had twin 170b volvo I/o removed for bracket and outboards has typical rot in transom easily repairable on this style transom. Never heard of boat manufacturer and would like to know if anyone has heard of them. Hull is copy of formula 233c or predecessor of it? Anyone got any suggestions on sizes of economical outboard(s) thanks for help

iboatWayne

Cadet
Re: performer boat company?

I love digging up old threads.
I have '65 performer with a 65hp Merc. Just got her fixed up and ready for the water. It's a 15ft flat bottom boat. Oddly enough, today some guy driving by stops by my house and says "I used to have a boat just like that!" I guess that was back in the 60's or 70's and he had a merc 115 on it.

index.cfm

jeff akin

Cadet

hey thanks for responding I guess they were out of south florida but I can't find any info on them anywhere. I think they got there start by purchasing molds from thunderbird (formula)? I'm currently restoring a 24ft and it has held up well from 1973, still really solid after all these years. Just would like to know some background info on company.

Uplandman

Recruit

I am in charge of selling a Performer boat recently donated to our museum. It says on the back of it: US Fiberglass Products Co. Inc. , Bellflower, Calif. I went to the city of Bellflower site and found nothing. I will check back when i get the registration info.