sx or st smart tabs?? Recomondations?

s2gots

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I talked to someone at Nauticus earlier today, and was told I could fit the SX9510-80 tabs or the ST1290-80 tabs. I know the SX are a good amount cheaper than the STs', but if they supposedly do the same thing, is there any real reason to go with the more expensive STs? The Nauticus guy told me its my personal choice on what I want. Id prefer to save the money, unless there is an advantage with the STs!

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: sx or st smart tabs?? Recomondations?

I have the SX9510-80 tabs and they are everything they say they are!! Excellent choice for my 20ft Larson.

P1070039.jpg

P1070050.jpg

PeterZ

Recruit

Where is your speedo and depth finder>

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have the SX9510-80 tabs and they are everything they say they are!! Excellent choice for my 20ft Larson.

P1070039.jpg

P1070050.jpg

I agree 100%...

04-26-2010----PROPS003.jpg

I have the same on my 19' cuddy, 5.0, 200 HP boat, & LOVE them!

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

ST ones are stronger if your going to be really pounding the waves, but the SX ones will work just fine for most people. I bought the ST ones, because what can I say, there shiny and pretty and I got them cheap. :D

-- Jeff

nlain

Commander

Ok guys I will give you a view of the ST version

2005_1016Image0017.jpg

By the way, I like mine, they do everything advertised.

2006_0802Image0019-1.jpg

2005_1016Image0016.jpg

superbenk

Commander

Since we're all posting pics of the pretty Smart Tabs we all love, I thought I'd add mine :)

main.php

They really did make a huge improvement to my boat's handing. Just need to get the stupid motor working right now :p

ontwowheels

Cadet

Hello,

I am thinking of getting the SX or STs for my 20' Crownline. My concern is the lip for lack of a better word that you see in my pic. I guess A is where I would put the tab, B is what I think would cause a problem. Anyone know the distance of C?

Any thoughts from those Smart Tab owners?

I got this boat last year, a 2004, love it but the only issue is we seem to get some porposing that I think the tabs will correct.

THANKS

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1

PeterZ

Recruit

I finally installed smart tabs on my 20' Stingray. What a difference! Hardly any bow rise, handles the chop much better. Was well worth and and I highly recommend!

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also installed the SX and I am SUPER HAPPY with the performance. Depending on where the strut is mounted on the rear of your boat will make the difference. For instance "ontwowheels" you will probably have to go with the ST (of course check with John, you can actually start your own thread and he will chime in and let you know exactly what you need and where to mount them). If either will work go with the SX. I also mounted the retractor kit so I can raise or lower them for when we wakeboard....

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello,

I am thinking of getting the SX or STs for my 20' Crownline. My concern is the lip for lack of a better word that you see in my pic. I guess A is where I would put the tab, B is what I think would cause a problem. Anyone know the distance of C?

Any thoughts from those Smart Tab owners?

I got this boat last year, a 2004, love it but the only issue is we seem to get some porposing that I think the tabs will correct.

THANKS

You can probably mount them where the BLUE line is, but again check with John...

boat1.jpg