synthetic teak and holly flooring

torcano

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone have any experience with synthetic teak interior flooring? Any suggestions as to best brands, Plasteak vs. Nuteak etc.?

chiefalen

Captain
Re: synthetic teak and holly flooring

The development i moved into NJ was brand new, and one of my neighbors had pergo installed on his floor was a whole roll left over, he asked me if i wanted it, sat in my basement for like 5 years.

Another friend wanted to re-floor his sail boat. Really expensive boat, was gonna spend all kinds of money on the floor.

I said here lets try this, it's free and it floats on the floor so we can pull it right up, if it's no good, or your wife don't like it.

Guess what 5 years latter it's still on the floor he loves it.

And easy to keep clean and it's like it has foam under it but it doesn't hard to explain.

Just go somewhere that sells it looks like real wood, feel it and see what you think.

torcano

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks once again. I saw the teak floor on a new Chaparral cruiser at the New York boat show and it really looked nice. I'm going to try and put it down before I bring my boat up to Red Bank. I'll let you know how it comes out.
RK

Ned L

Commander

Red Bank eh?.... It doesn't get much nicer than the Navesink & Shrewsbury Rivers. I still love the waters around there.

torcano

Chief Petty Officer

Sandy Hook Bay and the lower New York harbour views of NYC isn't bad either. Where do you do your boating?

Ned L

Commander

Yep, spent many a great afternoons in Horseshoe cove growing up. I grew up in Rumson & when I wasn't in school I was out on the rivers or working on a boat. That's Fair Haven in the backround of the picture of my antique Jersey speed skiff. Have you familiar with, seen, or gotten involved with speed skiffs? My wife & I moved up to N.E. CT about 20 years ago, but I stil have family in the Red Bank area & I get down there about once a year for a speed skiff get together in September.

torcano

Chief Petty Officer

My uncle used to have a Chris Craft all wood (mahogony?) in board speed boat which he kept at his summer house on Lake Hopatcong. That was back in the mid 1950's when I was just a kid. I am not sure if that is classified as a speed skiff, but it was something to behold. He used to keep in a boat house! I saw one on the Navesink last year. It is a real classic.
The Long Island Sound in Connecticut looks like a nice place to go boating. I used to sail around Fisher Island although I am a power boater now.

Ned L

Commander

2007skiff006.jpg
Speed skiffs were developed right there on the Shrewsbury & Navesink Rivers back in the 1920's, they aree all 'glass' today, 16', small block Chevy inboards. No other boats like them.
3555546_mMRdq