Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...otorboats-Cruisin-in-Style-W0QQAdIdZ193490325

This guy took leather seats from a Labaron....and calls it "style"!

LOL :D He even wired the power seats to recline, that's hilarious.

This one is funny and sad at the same time:confused:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/1654794562.html

1977 wellcraft that isn't well. - $500

1977 wellcraft..... I recently purchased .. I spent my family's vacation money on this thing I know how to reupholster a little and do some minor custom work to get this in shape by spring...
Guess I do not know as much as I thought......after further inspection the hull is not sound and the wood frame is rotted below the fiberglass. in my opinion it is shot but you be the judge
if your interested. The boat has a 351w in it and I am told the motor runs we can try it if you want but it's been to cold to try it. UGHHHH.,, It is on a shorelander dual axel trailer that I brought it home on from Benton Harbor area to greenville--the trailer is rusty but seems to be in good working order and could use tires I do know this.. I paid $1500 4wks ago... I know its NOT worth that. I would be happy to get $500.00 if it has any value at all. maybe I can take the kids to McDonalds or something.

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

LOL :D He even wired the power seats to recline, that's hilarious.

This one is funny and sad at the same time:confused:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/1654794562.html

1977 wellcraft that isn't well. - $500

1977 wellcraft..... I recently purchased .. I spent my family's vacation money on this thing I know how to reupholster a little and do some minor custom work to get this in shape by spring...
Guess I do not know as much as I thought......after further inspection the hull is not sound and the wood frame is rotted below the fiberglass. in my opinion it is shot but you be the judge
if your interested. The boat has a 351w in it and I am told the motor runs we can try it if you want but it's been to cold to try it. UGHHHH.,, It is on a shorelander dual axel trailer that I brought it home on from Benton Harbor area to greenville--the trailer is rusty but seems to be in good working order and could use tires I do know this.. I paid $1500 4wks ago... I know its NOT worth that. I would be happy to get $500.00 if it has any value at all. maybe I can take the kids to McDonalds or something.

I thought the fact he wired them up was hilarious too!

This guy needs a big violin.....I'm not a fan of sympathy ads....I'm not cold, but you are trying to sell something....I always think there is something 'else' going on.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Le Baron seats !!!! Count me in !!!!:D:D

scipper77

Commander

Wow those seats are horrible. However, a Texas Maid with a 135? Yes please!!!!!

Go "EZ" on the guy. I think putting power leather seats in a boat from an old car is a great idea. Even if it didn't work out it's a cool idea. I am impressed that this guy had the follow through to actually get them installed and functional. I just wish he would have done something with the rear seat backs.

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Go "EZ" on the guy. I think putting power leather seats in a boat from an old car is a great idea. Even if it didn't work out it's a cool idea. I am impressed that this guy had the follow through to actually get them installed and functional. I just wish he would have done something with the rear seat backs.

Scipper, by your post count on this statement I think your just being the devils advocate. :D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Neat, but leather does not hold up to sun and especially, sun lotion. Vinyl seats would have been great! Too bad he put them in a boat with "soft floor". Talk about a waste of time and money.... LOL!

scipper77

Commander

Scipper, by your post count on this statement I think your just being the devils advocate. :D

lol... That's funny. It took me a second! I almost didn't want to respond as I have now ruined the joke. (My last comment was post #666)

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

For you starcraft guys...Actually looks like a deal.

1969 STARCRAFT ALUM. 16' BOAT - $100 (GREENFIELD, WI)

For sale...........1969 Starcraft deep V aluminum boat.....solid floor, no seats.........clear title. Sold as is......DOES NOT INCLUDE MOTOR, CONTROLLS OR TRAILER.

Tom

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/1657304394.html

cmhouser

Seaman Apprentice
Another Craigslist classic!!!

Another Craigslist classic!!!

I'm no boat genious but regardless of what he's charging... it's not cheap of enough!!!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/boa/1661349959.html

"I have a 1971 Pere Marquette boat with identical parts boat, So you are getting 2 identical boats, 1 trailer and 1 outdrive. The complete boat runs, I received it from a guy on trade and haven't had it in the water yet but everything seems functional. The other pere does not have an outdrive but comes with the motor, good hull, bimini top (canvas probably needs replacing but the hardware and poles are there) Good seats, basically everything to make one awesome retro boat. The parts Pere is on a trailer that I can deliver for you but the trailer is not included with the parts boat. I do have a title for one Pere and a bill of sale for the trailer you will be receiving. The trailer also does have rollers and surge brakes, but will need new lights. Also comes with a brand new kicker mount installed. (the 4th picture is of the parts Pere) Thanks!

Spring is around the corner and this would be a great time to get a boat ready for spring! Just needs a good weekend of cleaning and elbow grease. This would be a great larger lake boat since it's a deep V boat but will also work great for the smaller lakes as well. There is no tilt or trim on this model of outdrive but that's just one less thing to go wrong so it's nice. Both boats are around 16-17ft, I would keep them but bills have forced me to sell. "

Attachments

• 3n63m93oe5V35P55S3a3p3b3f71e63fe11f61.jpg
    3n63m93oe5V35P55S3a3p3b3f71e63fe11f61.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3n93ob3le5T25Q25R4a3pbf65cba030161c1e.jpg
    3n93ob3le5T25Q25R4a3pbf65cba030161c1e.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

now THIS is special!!!

It's a 1951 roadster boat trailer with a Aero Craft 13 ft. John Boat, boat is heavy duty aluminm ,clean title was registered with a 5.5 evenrude (motor is gone) $700.00 OBO or Trade for chuck norris style total gym with all attachments ,or a desk top computer for gaming must have at least 100 gig hard drive and 2 meg of ram, possible hunt items.

3kb3pa3o65V05W35S2a3p90cbac5616931dcb.jpg

3nf3m83p75V35U35S2a3pf7f4d5f85dcd1c6f.jpg

3n53m03o05Q25Z55U2a3p7742cf48a1841756.jpg

cmhouser

Seaman Apprentice

now THIS is special!!!

It's a 1951 roadster boat trailer with a Aero Craft 13 ft. John Boat, boat is heavy duty aluminm ,clean title was registered with a 5.5 evenrude (motor is gone) $700.00 OBO or Trade for chuck norris style total gym with all attachments ,or a desk top computer for gaming must have at least 100 gig hard drive and 2 meg of ram, possible hunt items.

LOL. I've got a computer I'd trade. It's been sitting in my garage for 10 years, has some rust and is missing the CPU but I'm positive it has at least 2 meg of RAM!!! Great fixer upper and probably an even trade!!! :)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

How could I have let this little beauty slide by?

This Yacht could be yours today....Wife wants it out of the yard, little does she know I will just be putting something in its place. Hers the deal, Boat will need all the usuall things you see on her,,,,Engines, Outdrives, And TLC...

Hull is Solid...It does have 1 350 engine...prob needs rebuilt, I dont really know...Has all guages, steering, cuddy is still in the 1970s theme (Plaid)..needs carpet,,,seats need redone...still has onboard 8 track player, stove, fridge,toilet.

You Will Need A Trailer.....I couldnt afford the trailer when I bought it, and have missed a few good deals on trailers since then. Bring help when you come to pick it up. I have the Title in hand to Lucky guy who buys her.

Any Questions feel free to call

scipper77

Commander

Just need some TLC... and an engine!

Good luck finding a matching motor, more like you will have to sell the one remaining motor that I couldn't and buy 2 new motors. Or you could have a $20k boat with mismatching motors.

skargo

Banned

No TLC but the picture cracked me up, at least he is showing it runs.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/1664225739.html

Selling a 1975 Evinrude outboard pull-start, short-shaft, two-stroke motor. Runs well. Picture is from last summer. I will take new pics soon.

Will TRADE for an electric motor with some kick, not a trolling motor. And perhaps some marine batteries. Make an offer.

boating.jpg