Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

That is one sweet ride. I think with some Smart Tabs it would be perfect. :D:D

That was just crazy, did you take notice to the battery under the fold up chair? OMFG, you talk about funny, man o' man.

I would name it lawn chair cruiser...

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/1144852785.html

BOAT HAS BEEN UNDER WATER 1976 Sportcraft. 60 HP outboard Chrysler no cover to motor. have bunch of old receipts and manuals trailer comes with it dont have registration for trailer i do have registration for boat. Needs to go price not negotiable unless you want to give me more thank you.

So it sank, for an unknown period of time? But I do get some old receipts..... Well of course Id give you more than what your asking!

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/1144852785.html

BOAT HAS BEEN UNDER WATER 1976 Sportcraft. 60 HP outboard Chrysler no cover to motor. have bunch of old receipts and manuals trailer comes with it dont have registration for trailer i do have registration for boat. Needs to go price not negotiable unless you want to give me more thank you.

So it sank, for an unknown period of time? But I do get some old receipts..... Well of course Id give you more than what your asking!

LOL that was great

seafrog

Cadet

I'm thankful for the "Needs a little TLC" boats. If it weren't for them I wouldn't own the great boat I currently have. The result was a fixer upper I paid 5k for and is insured for 13k now. Only cost me time and $1k in materials. I wouldn't have been able to afford a boat otherwise.

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

Not TLC, but thought it was funny, everyones just trying to make a dime now days. But I think I'll just go in on a charter boat for this price. :D

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/1147824940.html

You know, that guy is nuts. Even though that tinny is no beuty queen I dont think I would rent it out for $125. Im sure some yahoo could easily do more than $125 in damage. Maybe he is asking for a big deposit?

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well for what he wants for a weeks rent you can find your own boat. But yeah, I agree. Im nervous enough of the damagae I can do to my own boat, let alone someone else. Two things you dont loan out, Boats and the Wife (sometimes).

IVAZ

Two things you dont loan out, Boats and the Wife (sometimes).
Thats funny.

I had missed his weekly rate the first time I read it. Your right 400 bucks a week is silly.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats funny.

I had missed his weekly rate the first time I read it. Your right 400 bucks a week is silly.

Man, so did I. Quick times four to get the monthly and for that kind of money, I could buy a beater boat, rent a house, and have a "companion" come over, if you know what I mean.

At those prices, that's $20,800 a year. Boy howdy, you could buy a VERY nice boat for THAT. Or rent that thing for a year....tough choice.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

At least this guy is honest in the ad, but the line "It ran good before it sunk" just made me laugh.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/boa/1151059789.html

-Eric

Okay, I must be the total optimist. I'm sitting here thinking, "okay, they took the plug out, it took a plunge but they got it out the next day. And, I'd bet they didn't put the plug back in so it's probably dry."

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

At least he didn't just say "it ran good the last time it was IN the water" :)

reelfishin

Captain

Here's one that's pretty typical in this category, note the "May need a new block or some patch work.." part. This plus an OMC drive, what more could you ask for for a few grand.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1153171882.html

23ft cuddy cruser - $2000 (galloway)

i have a mid 80's vixen cuddy cruser she has a 225 hp 5.0 in her she starts right up when in the water. but i think she may need a new block or some patch work in the water jacket found some water in the oil she has a cobra outdrivegood carpet and great gellcoat it also includes a trailer call me at 609 204 8975 between 1200 pm and 830 pm im asking 2000 obo

3kf3ma3o2ZZZZZZZZZ9531b7750e315ae19aa.jpg

freeisforme

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Spotted this one this morning, its either not a 25 hp or it's not a 3 cylinder.
Plus, it says mechanic owned, I would think that a mechanic would know the difference.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1153316210.html

1998 JOHNSON OUTBOARD 25 HP. - $2000

1998 JOHNSON OUTBOARD 25 HP. 20" SHAFT
3 CYLINDER LOOP CHARGED, OIL INJECTION, ELECTRIC START, TILLER
USED ONE WINTER. EXCELLENT CONDITION, MECHANIC OWNED
GOING TO WASTE, IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS THE TIME TO USE IT.

reelfishin

Captain

Spotted this one this morning, its either not a 25 hp or it's not a 3 cylinder.
Plus, it says mechanic owned, I would think that a mechanic would know the difference.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1153316210.html

1998 JOHNSON OUTBOARD 25 HP. - $2000

1998 JOHNSON OUTBOARD 25 HP. 20" SHAFT
3 CYLINDER LOOP CHARGED, OIL INJECTION, ELECTRIC START, TILLER
USED ONE WINTER. EXCELLENT CONDITION, MECHANIC OWNED
GOING TO WASTE, IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS THE TIME TO USE IT.

They did make a few 3 cylinder 25hp motors from about 1996 to 2001, but they had about a 40 lb weight penalty to pay for that extra cylinder. I think the difference was something like 115 lbs. for the twin cylinder and about 160 lbs. for the triple. They were loop charged motors but I feel that any gain in torque was lost to added weight. I own two twin cylinder motors from that family, a 25 and a 30 HP, I couldn't see the reason to add that extra weight to a small boat.

This_lil_fishy

Okay, I must be the total optimist. I'm sitting here thinking, "okay, they took the plug out, it took a plunge but they got it out the next day. And, I'd bet they didn't put the plug back in so it's probably dry."

LOLZ, I was thinking the exact same thing, and lookin at that galvanized trailer and suddenly I am seeing an investment. Looks like it was left outside without a cover, so let's do worst case scenerio:

New stringers, floor (GIANT PIA and time consuming)
Engine: Rings seized, electrical rotted (not terrible actually, if you're good, a good honing and new rings will do the trick)
Electrical Shot (Re-wiring a boat is childs play at this point)

So okay, if the floor and stringers are okay, I'm happy and see a good purchase. i could rebuild that engine in a weekend..but I do that sorta thing for fun...so I might be one up on most people. If the floor and stringers are shot, I scrap it, pulling anything that might have value (OUTDRIVE!)

Trailer...four tires and wheel bearing sets(maybe)...that's a tandem galvanized...around here I could probably get close to $1000 for it if not more...I win!

Ian