Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

dwco5051

Commander
How long does it take to collect 1,111 pounds of aluminum cans?

That is only about 38,885 cans. I just last week took four chicken feed bags of smashed cans in and got about $20 for them.

I play with a retired farmer who claims that he bought his new Martin guitar last year with the money he got from recycling cans he collected from the ditches where his farm fronts on the state road. I think that may be what he told his wife who never bothered to do the math.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Until his wife finds a recycle receipt for $6.52 when she washes his jeans. :rolleyes:

I will have to go out and take a picture of the back of the truck, which is a full sized 3/4 Ford, not a 1/4 ton(duh) it is the same truck I pull my 5th wheel with, it hold a heck of a lot of cans.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Titles for trailers are so easy to get here in MT, go have inspected, new serial number issued, stamp and list as home built trailer, done over with, no headaches.

roffey

Commander
its a joke I bet. He's going to have to pay to get rid of that and I bet they are just testing the waters. Put it out as a joke and see if anyone even responds..

The great thing about it all you have to do is hook up to the trailer, pull it to the local dump, unhook and go......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Agree. After all it does say Free.... Funny guy.....

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Amazing to see what the person thought the condition of that boat is in.

Condition = Used Fair

I can only wonder what the person thinks poor condition is... :facepalm:

The Force power

Commander
The great thing about it all you have to do is hook up to the trailer, pull it to the local dump, unhook and go......[/QUOTE]

if the boat looks like that; the trailer is most likely not going to make it (trip to the dump)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
When you see a boat for sell like that, two things you know upfront. First the person or persons wanting to sell it are very very lazy. I mean any time I sell anything, it is in pristine shape to appeal to the largest audience I can get.

Secondly, they have not even thought about that boat in years and are looking for some money, but also think it is worth way way more then a sensible person would ever offer...if anything at all.

roffey

Commander
That boat will never be in pristine condition....no matter what you do to it, other than a complete and total restoration...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah but he could get a couple hundred if it was cleaned up washed out trash thrown away anything rotted removed already except floor or whatever and sell it as a project boat :)

fishrdan

Admiral
Includes free lawnmower gas tank and carburetor! Lawnmower air filter not included in sale, but available for an additional $10