Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Nice boat,decent price but just needs FREEZE plugs...

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/2000785321.html

Also,
.....we were told by our friend whom is a 20 year marine electrician..... ..... and the lights dont work which could be just a fuse for all we know because we are not really boat people .....
So they have a friend who has been a marine electrician for 20 years, but they didn't ask him to help them find the fuse????

I guess the implication is only "boat people" can find fuses on a boat.

Are they Car People so they can find the fuses in their car?

Are they House People so they can find the fuse box in their house?

OH WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END????

Yep, this boat reeks of problems. STAY AWAY!!!!

fishrdan

Admiral

OH WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END????

Yep, this boat reeks of problems. STAY AWAY!!!!

The madness doesn't end... :D

The freeze plugs will cost about $290 and then how ever much the installation cost you or you can do it yourself.

I'm a bit skeptical that a set of freeze plugs cost $290, more like $29. And,,, since the freeze plugs are gone, how's the condition of the block and manifolds, lots of freeze cracks to go along with those freeze plugs.

scipper77

Commander

The madness doesn't end... :D

The freeze plugs will cost about $290 and then how ever much the installation cost you or you can do it yourself.

I'm a bit skeptical that a set of freeze plugs cost $290, more like $29. And,,, since the freeze plugs are gone, how's the condition of the block and manifolds, lots of freeze cracks to go along with those freeze plugs.

You have to think like a scammer. The freeze plugs are gone means that if you start the motor water will pour out of the block. But don't worry there is nothing wrong with the block, it's the freeze plugs!!

JasonBo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Little bit of pool putty and some krylon you gotyourself a nice boat there

nuboat2me

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd venture to say 1 of 2 things...

1. The Boat was wider than the truck when they pulled it between two trees.
2. Boating thru the "Stick Ups" at night with no lights and I bet alcohol was involved...

Your choice... Either one, I'd give him $500, snag the power plant and trailer and part it out... 8K for a Totaled boat???? Nah....

It has been said... "They walk amoung us..."

Wishin I was fishin'...

jimdd810

Chief Petty Officer

yep he should get out of the boat business all together like he stated. I think its funny that he has a Mccain/Palin sign in the backround.

JBow

Seaman Apprentice

Ok this ad is not up right now but it was SO bad I saved it from about a year ago and just found it while deleating some old e mails. I think he was trying to sell a checkmate. It is the worst ad I have ever seen. What you think ?

late model speed boat ckmate deolpemate
Date: 2010-02-17, 12:37PM

19.6 ckmate remake deolplemate reborn 488 power speed of about the load fuel levl and power to drive at 72 mph avarave pwere about 52 mph 30gl hafe day 4 hour run time rebuile 488 alphs one lond shaft steanless steeel 21 pick wake bord hill gria tshort lin e tube mursruser enthing almos t new. see phote more to add call [Edit: 867-5309] nice low pro trailer nice tred but there 20 years old . regration for boat tille for trailer .trade for rv driveable bus van motor home wante nice speeed ventage boat nice R/V/R/c toy wanted must be whole collecions 10. $ trade value 4500 dallars buys it need more house cnotrantor add to apply you built the she shaye boats your .better the 20 X30 side add on and one truck garade added to my paid for lake front homee test in the spring fron t yord .winertized wel sell and set up.spring 2010

?Location: north vernon in.47265
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited by a moderator:

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

Ok this ad is not up right now but it was SO bad I saved it from about a year ago and just found it while deleating some old e mails. I think he was trying to sell a checkmate. It is the worst ad I have ever seen. What you think ?

late model speed boat ckmate deolpemate
Date: 2010-02-17, 12:37PM

19.6 ckmate remake deolplemate reborn 488 power speed of about the load fuel levl and power to drive at 72 mph avarave pwere about 52 mph 30gl hafe day 4 hour run time rebuile 488 alphs one lond shaft steanless steeel 21 pick wake bord hill gria tshort lin e tube mursruser enthing almos t new. see phote more to add call [Edit: 867-5309] nice low pro trailer nice tred but there 20 years old . regration for boat tille for trailer .trade for rv driveable bus van motor home wante nice speeed ventage boat nice R/V/R/c toy wanted must be whole collecions 10. $ trade value 4500 dallars buys it need more house cnotrantor add to apply you built the she shaye boats your .better the 20 X30 side add on and one truck garade added to my paid for lake front homee test in the spring fron t yord .winertized wel sell and set up.spring 2010

?Location: north vernon in.47265
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Geeze my 5 year old spells better than that..

How about this one... I wonder why the pics are of it COVERED? $400 might be worth it for parts

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/2004623553.html

Last edited by a moderator: