Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

gregg g

Cadet
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Apparently the boats subtracts $200 from the value of the trailer....

I'd like one of them electric wenches myself ;)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/1110386904.html

PROJECT BOAT - $500 (48186)

NEEDS MOTOR< MOTOR IS OUT. SMALLBLOCK CHEVEY, NEEDS INTERIOR WORK. HAS A GREAT TRAILER DUEL AXLES WITH SURGE BREAKS AND A ELECTRIC WENCH. TRAILER IS WORTH $700

tic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the laughs guys.. I was laughing for 20min. reading some of those ads

gtown805

Recruit

just got this yesterday for 900 bucks. it was the classic "i got it from a little ol lady" story 1 owner and couldnt be cleaner its an 1981 16 ft starcraft supersport every button and knob works

Attachments

• z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
  • z6.jpg
    z6.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • z7.jpg
    z7.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

just got this yesterday for 900 bucks. it was the classic "i got it from a little ol lady" story 1 owner and couldnt be cleaner its an 1981 16 ft starcraft supersport every button and knob works

score!

scipper77

Commander

I have been passively looking locally for a boat like that locally for a while now. I'm thinking about selling my fiberglass chris craft and picking up a nice 16-19 foot aluminum boat just like that. $900 is a great price. I'd pay as much as $2000 for that boat maybe more if the transom is good and the floor solid. If it was in good enough shape I would even go higher.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Unbelievable score! I'm so jealous. That's worth over 2 grand easy. Not to mention it's exactly what I wish I had. Maybe in another year or two I'll start seriously searching.

scipper77

Commander

Does this sound fishy to anyone else?? This guy is actively trying to get scammed I think.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/1111719142.html

rochester craigslist > boats

re: BASS BOAT 18FT W/TRAILER (rochester)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-04-07, 8:51PM EDT

I have tried to contact you quit a few times and have noticed many differnt titles and prices for this boat, as well as it being listed and then taken off again and again so please put your phone number on the posting so we can contact you

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1111719142

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

* Copyright ? 2009 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

Nandy

Commander

SCORE!!!!!!!!!
Holly Jesus, you want 2k for it??? JK, enjoy it, you will savor it more using it than selling it in this market...

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kinda makes you want to go look at it. Kinda.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking for a new(er) motor and everyday I see these. From the horrible miss-spellings, to the sideways pictures. You know, hello, the name of your boat is on the SIDE of your boat. Just copy it down if you're spelling challenged. Oh, wait a minute, it's in the picture you just posted in your ad....