Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Not really TLC.....but it always makes me laugh to see a feud going on about a boat. In this case, this guy is selling this boat:

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/1080530994.html

And in response, this guy (likely the previous owner) has this to say about the boat...

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/1080670685.html

(If the link gets flagged/deleted, it says "this carpet bagger bought this boat for 900.00 and wanting 2500 his half a## floor repair is not worth 1600.00 i hope you never sell it seeing you have had it about three months it's looking good for you")

DRAMA! :rolleyes:

I would bet that the original owner thinks he got ripped off by the second owner and is just giving him a hard time.

reelfishin

Captain

This one kind of looks like its parked on junk yard row where ever it sits.
I would think they'd at least try to wash off the mildew and tree dirt before listing it, at least make some attempt at making it look presentable or even somewhat maintained or at least salvageable.

jasper60103

Commander

yea, I always laugh at those.
Seems to me if it was of any value it would be sitting on a stand or something, not on the ground.

BF

Lieutenant

I saw this ad:

===========================
Glastron Boat $1200

16 foot Glastron boat with trailer and non working 115 merc tower of power inline 6

I sent a short email to the guy asking what kind of hull it was (V or trihull), what kind of shape the boat's in, and if he had any idea what was wrong with the engine (needs rebuild?).... send pict's if possible.

Here's his response (the informative part).

============================
regarding the engine ,it may be the water pump i'm not sure.
sounds like you know alot more about engines than I do.
not sure which hull but it is great in the water .best b oat i ever
owned.

He also let me know it was 3 hours away, but would sell fast once the weather warmed up! I guess I better get out there quick to snap up this bargain!!! Sheesh.

Opossum

Cadet

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/1092376639.html

I'm selling a Force 125 horsepower outboard motor, 2 stroke. Motor has good compression on all 4 cylinders, newly rebuilt carbs, new starter, stainless prop, shifts good and lower unit seems fine. Thats the good part. Motor has a problem somewhere in the firing system that shouldn't be too hard to track down and repair. Power trim needs repair - leaky hydraulic line, hydraulic pump is good. Impeller is probably due for changing, no signs of overheating. No controls. Motor was running last fall. I decided to put a newer motor on the boat that doesn't require mixed gas. With a little know-how this motor would make a great bass boat or pontoon boat motor. I'm asking a reduced price of $750.00 ''as is'' to get it out of my garage asap. Willing to deliver within reason. Contact me, J.J. 913-238-4623 or e-mail msijj@yahoo.com. Thanks for looking.

thepotroast

Petty Officer 3rd Class

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/1092376639.html

I'm selling a Force 125 horsepower outboard motor, 2 stroke. Motor has good compression on all 4 cylinders, newly rebuilt carbs, new starter, stainless prop, shifts good and lower unit seems fine. Thats the good part. Motor has a problem somewhere in the firing system that shouldn't be too hard to track down and repair. Power trim needs repair - leaky hydraulic line, hydraulic pump is good. Impeller is probably due for changing, no signs of overheating. No controls. Motor was running last fall. I decided to put a newer motor on the boat that doesn't require mixed gas. With a little know-how this motor would make a great bass boat or pontoon boat motor. I'm asking a reduced price of $750.00 ''as is'' to get it out of my garage asap. Willing to deliver within reason. Contact me, J.J. 913-238-4623 or e-mail msijj@yahoo.com. Thanks for looking.

I don't get what's funny about this :confused: Perhaps I'm too dry this early in the AM....

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, that one takes the cake.. craigslist 'auction'. .. "Take a number, I'll likely get a better offer than yours.. but if not, okay, you can have it NEXT MONTH."

Opossum

Cadet

I don't get what's funny about this :confused: Perhaps I'm too dry this early in the AM....

I guess not super funny. But typical "it ran last season but now needs a small XXXX maybe to get it to work and a great value". Plus I would not pay 750 for that but that is just me.

22E6441

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not really "TLC needed" but struck me as funny anyway.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AZING-SEATS-1989-4500-ONLY-W0QQAdIdZ117664792

In case it goes away:

OK BEFORE I GET YOU EXTREMLY EXCITED

THIS BOAT DOESNT COME WITH A MOTOR, BUT FOR WHAT YOU ARE GETTING, IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY

LOOK AT THE INTERIOR
THESE BOAT SEATS ALONE ARE WORTH MORE THEN $1500

YOU ARE ALSO GETTING A 16.5 FOOT TRAILER GREAT CONDITION

THE BOAT SEATS 4, YOU CAN SQUEEZ A SKINY GIRL IN THE MIDDLE

YOU ARE GETTING THIS BOAT WTIH MY WAKEBOARD.
WAKEBOARD ALONE IS $650

ILL THROW IN WAKEBOARDING GLOVES AND LIFE JACKET

THIS BOAT HAS NEVER BEEN PATCHED UP.. EVERYTHING S ORIGINAL AND MINT.. I DONT WANT TO SELL IT, BECAUSE I KNOW I WONT FIND ANOTHER LIKE THIS.

THE COLOR IS RED/BACK SHINEY GEL COAT

THE CAPACITY OF MOTOR IS: 85hP TO 135HP

IM EXTRELY SORRY BUT THE PRICE STANDS, UNLESS YOU OFER ME A PRICE THAT I ABSOLUTLY CANT TURN DOWN

I HAVE THE BOAT SITTING AT STORAGE SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT, WE HAVE TO SCHEDULE A TIME AND DATE.. BUT HONESTLY SUMMER IS APPROACHING.. THIS BOAT WILL BE GONE BY THEN!

cANADIAN VISION HYDROSTREM STYLE
SPEED BOAT

NEW CARPETS
NEW SEATS
NEW FEEL
NEW WAKEBOARD
AND A FREE TRAILER INCLUDED

TRAILER ALONE IS $2000
TRAILER SIZE: CAPACITY OVER 2000LBS
16.5 FT

GO SKIING, TUBING, WAKEBOARDING

THIS BOAT IS READY TO FIT THE LAKES
JUST GET A CHEAP MOTOR AND ENJOY!

PRICE IS SOLD FIRM
$4500

reelfishin

Captain

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1102746358.html

6 hp johnson - $100

I believe it is a 1972, 6 hp johnson outboard with tiller control. 50th anniversary. Motor has sat in a garage for awhile and will not turn over but should be able to fix easily. Any other questions or for pictures email me at ryoder81@yahoo.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1101994247.html

1989 21' Proline Boat w/ Cuddy Cabin & Hard Top & Trailer - $3800

up for sale is a 1989 21' Proline Boat w/ Cuddy Cabin, Hard Top & Trailer with electric winch. Boat and Trailer is in really good shape. Needs a motor. Comes with a few extras, Vhs radio Depth finder fish finder out rigers ect. The boat has always been trailered never painted. The motor blow up a few years ago. I was always going to replace it but never did. But the boat is very good shape. Contact me if interested. Jim

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

HAHAHA, QC, that one is too funny. Maybe I should consider taking a random photo of a pile of broken and dusty kids toys and ask for a sail boat! What's really funny is here says 'will trade part' like his stuff is worth MORE than a boat!