Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

THIS IS A 1969 HYDRODYNE DECKBOAT, MADE BY THE AMISH, WAS USED MOSTLY IN CANADA, SO IT HAS MANY PARTS

Where do you hook the horses to? And what does canadian use have to with alot of parts?

These my friends are the mysteries of boating.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Clearly it uses Seahorses. Maybe even a water horse.

I googled the image for 'HYDRODYNE DECKBOAT' and came up with nothing. Unless someone took an Amish built barn, shed, house, or hand crafted piece of furniture and converted into a boat...you're out of luck. The Amish know nothing about boating or building a boat. That ad was surely a joke.
This boat was, in fact, built by an Amish craftsman. This is as good as it gets...lol:D

Attachments

• IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

I googled the image for 'HYDRODYNE DECKBOAT' and came up with nothing. Unless someone took an Amish built barn, shed, house, or hand crafted piece of furniture and converted into a boat...you're out of luck. The Amish know nothing about boating or building a boat. That ad was surely a joke.
This boat was, in fact, built by an Amish craftsman. This is as good as it gets...lol:D

I bet that sucker gets on plane fast and tops out around 65 mph at 4600 RPM's!

86 century

Ensign

This is a great deal if you don't mind that it doesn't run and the lower unit is cracked.

http://muncie.craigslist.org/boa/1879721345.html

85 baretta ski boat with MANY extra. TRADE FOR BOAT WITH OUTBOARD - $1500 (Albany, IN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-08-04, 12:43AM EDT
Reply to: sale-nha7k-1879721345@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1985 Baretta fish and ski boat.. it has a 4 cylinder 140 hp inboard mercruiser motor with an alpha 1 sterndrive with an aftermarket fin The exhaust port on the outdrive had a small crack so the marina put some putty on it to fix it, i was told that it was no big deal. The outdrive was pressure tested and was good with no leaks. I have replaced many parts on the boat and have many many extra replacement parts for later. also included with the boat is a one person boat tube and brand new line. The interior is in decent shape the seats were ripped and they were zipped tied back together but they work Seats are easy to come by and can be replaced if wanted. the seat on the post in front of the boat removes to make seating. It has a trolling motor plug and switch in the front to install a trolling motor. The boat is a little dirty and could use a nice bath. The boat runs and drives but lately will not stay running, believe to needing carburator adjustment and or timed due to a new distributor was installed, it gets fuel, air, and spark the carb just needs fine tuned The fuel reaches into the inlet of the carburator but i cannot see it jet fuel into the carb. I was told it was an inlet filter and a very cheap easy fix. easy stuff to get this water ready withen a hour or two. also have an extra complete carb to come with it. I have many many extra parts to go with, this is a great deal dont pass it up. NO LOW BALL OFFERS. clean titles on 1978 trailer and 1985 boat. TRADE STRAIGHT UP FOR BOAT WITH RUNNING OUTBOARD MOTOR.. YOUR TRADE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT BUT IT NEEDS TO BE RUNNING GOOD. COSMETICS ARE NOT AN ISSUE.
WILL ALSO CONSIDER ANY TRADES EMAIL OR TEXT YOUR TRADE OFFERS.
I have replaced the following parts withen 2 weeks and have ZERO hours on them.
Brand new bellow replacement
Brand New gimble bearing
rebuilt sterndrive
New livewell plugs
new sterndrive gasket and seals
Brand new spark plugs
new rebuilt distributor

I also have many extra parts that match this boat and motor exactly
Extra complete alpha 1 sterndrive
Extra fuel pump
Extra Carburator
Extra distributor, cap, button, and wires
Extra motor mounts
Extra oil pan
Extra bilge pump
Extra blower
Extra docking bouys
Extra Hydrolic pump and
Extra Ignition coil
Perko duel battery switch
plus many other misc parts

TRADE FOR BOAT WITH RUNNING OUTBOARD MOTOR. YOUR TRADE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT BUT NEEDS TO RUN PROPERLY. COSMETICS NOT AN ISSUE. LOOKING FOR ANY OUTBOARD SUCH AS BAYLINER ETC..... MY BOAT IS NOT PERFECT BUT A LITTLE TLC AND A LITTLE TINKERING WILL HAVE IT WATER READY BY A DAY, DO NOT EXPECT A PERFECT BOAT. I HAVE INCLUDED HIGH RESOLUTION PICS FOR EASIER VIEWING.
CONSIDER ALL TRADES EMAIL OR TEXT ALL TRADES
CALL TEXT OR EMAIL ANYTIME

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

How stupid does that guy thing people are? Let me see, he dumped tons of money into it and it still won't run right so he wants to trade it to someone for a boat that does run. I wonder how that will work out for him.

DennisM

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Heck for the 1500 hes asking, having an extra 3.0 140 motor, and two alpha 1's would be worth it plyus if the the extra parts are all there and he really did replace the others as said, theres 1500 at least in parts..

part it back out and close to triple the investment..

Wish I had 1500 bucks!

86 century

Ensign

Heck for the 1500 hes asking, having an extra 3.0 140 motor, and two alpha 1's would be worth it plyus if the the extra parts are all there and he really did replace the others as said, theres 1500 at least in parts..

part it back out and close to triple the investment..

Wish I had 1500 bucks!

What he doesn't say is both drives a junk one case is broken and the other is full of rust it has been setting outside with the to bearing cap off for god knows how long the exhaust manifold is cracked but with the jb weld it is good as new.

ebkolove

Cadet

Well, I'm super new to the boat thing, but I think I just got a heck of a deal from cl. The add was for A 75 EBKO capri, garage kept for most of its life. Some TLC needed. Well...half the floor was bad, he said he had been putting a piece of plywood on the floor and covering it with a towel,(I know they say do the whole thing, but trust me, there is NO WAY this new floor is going to let anything thru) and the lower unit to the original evinrude 135 was almost completely disassembled sitting in a box. The good? The hull and interior are perfect. Could use a buffing, but not a scratch on the bottom or a soft spot to speak of. The dude was quoted 1000 bux to fix his lower unit (a new one+install) and 600 for a new floor. I immediately knew this dude couldn't be super smart, so I gave him 500 for the whole "mess". A week later I am sitting pretty in a boat with a new floor (150 for material) and a lower unit that works fine (75 for seals and gear lube)...whoever had put it together from it's last service put two different thrust bearings in the wrong place...hence not going into gear. She"ll do a cool 50 over smooth water and looks damn good doing it (sparkle green with white interior) so thanks to CL and a greedy mechanic, I'm on the water for $725.00

Congrats on your good outcome. Buyer coming out on top is not usually the case. It really pays to be careful on CL and question everything. Many people are trying to unload their junk.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol....looks kinda rough for that amount of hours