Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Yeah, but goat hide!

eavega

Lieutenant

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/1843447761.html

2011 Nuclear Submarine - $5000000 (Buford)
Date: 2010-07-14, 7:42PM EDT

i am posting this for a friend.

very low hours.

we drive this thing all over the lake and pop up every now and then and scare boaters for a little sunshine. :) ( there's NO NEED for the sun though... when you are inside its a toasty 87.9 degrees and you get the nicest tan! no tanning lotions needed when you in this vessel.)

Driven daily ... wet docked in lake lanier but i can pull it out for you with my nuclear powered diesel injected OFFROAD DUMP TRUCK.

please PM me with any questions....

I can just imagine the postings to iBoats from whoever buys this:

"Hi guys, total noob here. Got this for a steal on CL. It will turn over, but it bogs down at about 2000 RPM. Do I need to clean the carbs?

-E

thewiles

Cadet

What about the guys that say yes to everything you ask and when you get there you are looking at a junk yard boat...

about a month ago I drove over an hour to pick up a 1990 bayliner that was garage kept in like new condition for $5500 pictures looked amazing. i was so excited. Had all life jackets, ski's, wakeboard and all safety equipment. Had to take my 3 kids with me and we were going straight to the lake. I get up there and walk by this boat out front on the way to the door thinking it was a fixer upper he had. When I asked where the boat was and he said that was it, I went off! Trailer had 2 flat tires, top was all ripped up, boat wouldn't even start, seats were all tore up, floor was half rotted. I asked him how old the pictures were and he said they were about 8 years old and he didn't have a camera to take any up to date ones. Man I was so mad, I had my oldest son get out of the car and told this guy to explain to him why we weren't getting a boat today. I think he actually felt like crap. I went straight home and put a post up so no one else would waiste their time.
Never understood why people do this. Do they think just because people take the time to drive there, they will buy it no matter what?
BUt I did luck out a week later and got the boat I was originally looking for anyways. I had a way better list of questions this time!
j

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1843411738.html

1978 Sleekcraft- Totally restored. New interior, carpets, gauges, fishfinder, marine radio, bimini top, ready for the water.
chevy 350 with a mercruiser outdrive. Comes with tandem trailer. 622-3725
I have over 15k in this boat and it is well worth the money. foreclosure forces sale.

3nf3k73p65Y65Q15X6a7e7481cd968c641d80.jpg
3k43o43p05O35Z05W5a7e77d836d9d6b91699.jpg

VEGASPHOTOMAN comment--------------
ok now dont get me wrong this is a great boat, If the interior is done well and the engine runs, the hull doesnt have bad wood stringers and the hull doesnt have holes or somthing, it is prob worth the 5k

but, if you re did the interior, how about a pic of THAT... totally restored? what about the completely faded exterior! looks like it was never under a cover or shade ever....

and 15k invested???? even if you got raped by the upholstery guy, I wouldn't think more than 3k for a new interior, 2k for a beat up 1978 ambassador, (over seen em for under 1k btw here in vegas) so wheres the other 10k investment? ($275-$375 new bimini top at Iboats) battery $59-99, new tires for trailer (which he didnt even mention any new tires) would run $350 ok now this still doesnt add up to 15 k investment, mebbe he has a Kieth Black engine installed last year???? LOL mebbe a whippel supercharger? brand new out drive SEIII? or I think its hilarious on the baloney INVESTED comments people add, so they can bilk the buyer..

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Wow, that guy was a jackal! geez 8 year old pics! alot can happen in 8 years, heck last year pics of a boat that got hit by a tornado would also be way off come to think of it...hehehhe....

about a month ago I drove over an hour to pick up a 1990 bayliner that was garage kept in like new condition for $5500 pictures looked amazing. i was so excited. Had all life jackets, ski's, wakeboard and all safety equipment. Had to take my 3 kids with me and we were going straight to the lake. I get up there and walk by this boat out front on the way to the door thinking it was a fixer upper he had. When I asked where the boat was and he said that was it, I went off! Trailer had 2 flat tires, top was all ripped up, boat wouldn't even start, seats were all tore up, floor was half rotted. I asked him how old the pictures were and he said they were about 8 years old and he didn't have a camera to take any up to date ones. Man I was so mad, I had my oldest son get out of the car and told this guy to explain to him why we weren't getting a boat today. I think he actually felt like crap. I went straight home and put a post up so no one else would waiste their time.
Never understood why people do this. Do they think just because people take the time to drive there, they will buy it no matter what?
BUt I did luck out a week later and got the boat I was originally looking for anyways. I had a way better list of questions this time!
j

Pokertrampp

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1843526595.html

"This is for real.

I'm not gay. I'm not looking to hook up. This purely about learning to fish.

I'm active duty military and new to the area. I also recently inherited a boat. I only know how to catch bluegils with a nightcrawler.

I have the necessary license, registrations, safety equipment, etc. My 19' bay boat is serviced and safe (per the marina) and legal (per the state).

Bring your own gear and bait and go fish with me on my boat in Biscayne Bay. I'm only asking that you show me where the fish are and how to catch them. Then you show me what to do with them after I catch them. You can even keep the fish.

email me and we'll discuss the particulars."

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Paul, your Sleek needs that little low-profile windshield. Get workin' on that.

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess with this one you can play I-Spy and try to find a boat in the picture. Really? Can we see a pic of the boat by itself?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/1844615706.html

I am looking for a v or simi v aluminum fishing boat with clear titles and lake ready. For trade I have a 1982 monark bass boat project with 1982 85hp suzuki outboard. I have texas titles in my name for both the boat and motor.

lost%20boat.jpg

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

Keep THAT fairy on your side of the country please!!!!!!!:D:D

62 pipestone

Seaman

sorry, its not boat related but i saw this in the barter sec and i had to shair.

snap on tool box i paid $6000 for the toolbox it is filled mainly with craft man tools for a king cab or xtra cap pick up of equal value..

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/bar/1845549153.html

i never knew that you needed spechal tools for a king cab or x cab:rolleyes:LOL!

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/1843447761.html

2011 Nuclear Submarine - $5000000 (Buford)
Date: 2010-07-14, 7:42PM EDT

i am posting this for a friend.

very low hours.

we drive this thing all over the lake and pop up every now and then and scare boaters for a little sunshine. :) ( there's NO NEED for the sun though... when you are inside its a toasty 87.9 degrees and you get the nicest tan! no tanning lotions needed when you in this vessel.)

Driven daily ... wet docked in lake lanier but i can pull it out for you with my nuclear powered diesel injected OFFROAD DUMP TRUCK.

please PM me with any questions....

I can just imagine the postings to iBoats from whoever buys this:

"Hi guys, total noob here. Got this for a steal on CL. It will turn over, but it bogs down at about 2000 RPM. Do I need to clean the carbs?

-E

boy the Russians really are cleaning house. Dibs on the Dump Truck!!!!

62 pipestone

Seaman

what makes it funny is the pics. 1 looks like its hanging off a concreat wall and 1 its hanging out of a tree.