Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

This is not a boat, but I got a chuckle out of it and thought I'd share.....:D

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/boa/1744530187.html

7REALLY GOOD FISHING ROTS WITH 4 RAILS - $45

This is a really good deal

i have all this fishing poles
They are in good conditions, this deal comes with 4 RAILS for the fishing poles
For more info please call me 256-417-1826
NOT E MAILS NOT CHECKS JUST CASH AND PHONE CALLS

That must be why I'm not catching the really big fish, I am fishing with a FISHING ROD AND REEL not a fishing rot and rail!

scipper77

Commander

Any one care to explain why I wouldn't trust this Realtor??

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/1744844161.html

MICROLOGIC EXPLORER LORAN C NAVIGATOR - $95 (Webster, NY)

Bought new in 1988 from Rochester Marine. Micrologic Explorer Loran C Navigator. Includes unit, mount, operator's manual, Loran C Fundamentals manual, Micrologic waypoint, route and trip log, and Micrologic Explorer Loran Navigator operator's guide. No 12v cable. Excellent condition. Plus shipping. Reply to xxxxxx@nothnagle.com

Andy in NY

Commander

Any one care to explain why I wouldn't trust this Realtor??

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/1744844161.html

MICROLOGIC EXPLORER LORAN C NAVIGATOR - $95 (Webster, NY)

Bought new in 1988 from Rochester Marine. Micrologic Explorer Loran C Navigator. Includes unit, mount, operator's manual, Loran C Fundamentals manual, Micrologic waypoint, route and trip log, and Micrologic Explorer Loran Navigator operator's guide. No 12v cable. Excellent condition. Plus shipping. Reply to xxxxxx@nothnagle.com

i dont get it. i must be missing something there...

Philster

Captain

I think they are outdated/useless -- The Loran, not the Realtor... although I am even more confused now.

scipper77

Commander

I think they are outdated/useless -- The Loran, not the Realtor... although I am even more confused now.

We have a winner!! This guy is trying to sell a piece of equipment with zero value for $95.

From http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/loran/default.htm

*** Special Notice Regarding LORAN Closure: *** In accordance with the 2010 DHS Appropriations Act, the U.S. Coast Guard terminated the transmission of all U.S. LORAN-C signals on 08 Feb 2010.

I wouldn't trust this realtor, as he is basically running a craigslist scam (IMHO)

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We have a winner!! This guy is trying to sell a piece of equipment with zero value for $95.

I wouldn't trust this realtor, as he is basically running a craigslist scam (IMHO)

It doesn't have zero value; they make great paperweights. I agree he's trying to scam people.

skargo

Banned

I love the misspelling of trailer. I see it spelled trailor more times than it is spelled correctly!

asm_

Petty Officer 1st Class

The latest funny ad I saw was "A tri-hole boat for sale in good condition" I think he mean "tri-hull". :)

Of course, the classic line from the seller is always "it ran fine the last time I had it out on the lake".

Sparkinator

Chief Petty Officer

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/1754159085.html

86 glastron semi project-obo - $500 (purdon, tx)

semi project ???????? :confused:

selling my 86 glastron with title but no title to trailer has 4.3 I/O thats runs good but needs battery and outdrive needs interior work i have the fabric to redo the seats not a bad project for the price i just ran out of time and money to get it done if interested give me a call @ 903 879 4949 john also have two other boats for sale also the seats that are in the pics do not go with this boat

The seat is the only thing that looks MARGINALLY worth anything!!!

3nc3kb3pc5W05P65X2a5m10244b2c0dc315f6.jpg

3k43m23oe5Y15T55Q5a5m5c3851e23e6d191b.jpg

3m93p83oa5T15P35S1a5m458683dcfefb17c2.jpg

cribber

Lieutenant

That's a true fixer upper if i ever seen one!!!:D

Andy in NY

Commander

this guy wants to TRADE a 50 hp for a 90-115 hp WITH tnt...

good luck with that...

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/1756674439.html

Trade 50 HP Johnson for 90-115 (any)

Date: 2010-05-24, 10:38AM EDT
Reply to: sale-pwskb-1756674439@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Looking to trade 1972 for a larger boat motor 75 to 115 hp prefer trim

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1756674439

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

this guy wants to TRADE a 50 hp for a 90-115 hp WITH tnt...

good luck with that...

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/1756674439.html

Trade 50 HP Johnson for 90-115 (any)

Date: 2010-05-24, 10:38AM EDT
Reply to: sale-pwskb-1756674439@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Looking to trade 1972 for a larger boat motor 75 to 115 hp prefer trim

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1756674439

a 1972 no less!!

too bad it wasnt the other way around, i have a 1980 50 HP short shaft for sale

bob

Huron Angler

Admiral

This listing just made me feel empathy for our would-be boating colleague.:(:redface:

I for one hope he catches a lucky break on his next rig, but he might be done boating for a while after this ordeal.

http://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/1759827588.html

THE GOOD:
1972 Aristo Craft 19
4 Stroke
I/O
New Throttle Cable
New Gimble Gear
Spark Plugs/wires
Several Month Old Battery
Oil and filter change last month
Fuel Guage works
The Buttons work for the motor "up" "down" (that's what I was told anyway but all the wiring seems new and looks good)

I have the title to the boat and to the trailer
Licensed through 2013

THE BAD:
No seats (and was not stored properly so it could use a new paint job and or gel coating)
All other gauges do not work
Crack in left windshield

THE UGLY:
Here's the Deal: This boat was purchased on the spot w/out putting it in the water. When I did put it in the water--I forgot the plug (genius--I know), now there is a fist size (woman's fist) hole in the bottom! As it turns out, the traierl is not the right one for the boat and is missing a bunk board (when the boat began to take on water nice guys tried to get it out and it got a hole in the bottom from the metal of the trailer where the board should be! According to the guy who sold it to me the boat "only leaks a little" and he couldn't tell where it was coming from. Je, the previous owner (like 3 weeks ago the owner) placed silicone (a while 5 tubes worth or more) aroung the outboard at the transome. I never found out how much water it was taking on b/c I forgot the plug!

Gone are my dreams of restoration b/c I'm in school and a boat isn't really in my budget anyway.

So, now that it has a hole--but supposedly runs "real nice" it's yours

That's all I know about the boat.

Go to aristocraftboats.com to see what the 1972 "Nineteen" looked like in it's hey-day (it was sharp)

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

if he REALLY wanted to JUST MAKE IT GO AWAY...he would offere it for free...or offer $100 for the empty spot in his yard where it used to be...

I just cant see anybody paying money for stuff like this....

its too much trouble getting rid of the parts you dont need, to buy it for the parts youd like

bob

Wes Hawkins

Seaman Apprentice

Guys, first off I would like to say thank you to all that provided information to me lately about certain types and brands of boats and engines. It all help me this morning. I went ot look at a boat that was listed on craigs list. Listed in good shape, runs good, you know the usual. Now the guy was straight up and said he didn't know anything about boats. Ok, I don't either, but now I know there is one guy that I have an abundance of knowledge over when it comes to a boat. This was a 83 Galaxie, 18 ft tri hull with a 4 cyl merc and merc out drive. Just what I was looking for. 1250.00 bucks. Ok, I figure for that price I can deal with some worn out interier and things. What I see when I get there to look at it is an engine swimming in water 6 inches over the starter. Someone didn't pull the stern drain plug for the winter. I Drain all the water out. carpet is soaked. Full tank is submerged. I pull the dip stick to check the oil and its about 5 quarts over. Water in the oil?? He hooks up the ear muffs to the outdrive, turns on the water and we put a charger on the battery. It takes about 45 minutes before it will turn the engine over. Slowly but surely the water starts to fill the crankcase. I ask did you winterize it, did you drain the engine block. No I didn't, was the answer, I don't know anything about a boat. And its leaking clean water from the front of the bell housing between the engine and outdrive. Cracked hose, who knows. I drove an hour to look at it and it ended up being a waste of my morning. Pictures of the boat were from last year and it was listed as in good condition and runs good. At least I know now that I am not as stupid about boats as I thought.
Thanks everyone who has given me advice and information.
Best regards, Wes.

P/S, The search is still on.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

Guys, first off I would like to say thank you to all that provided information to me lately about certain types and brands of boats and engines. It all help me this morning. I went ot look at a boat that was listed on craigs list. Listed in good shape, runs good, you know the usual. Now the guy was straight up and said he didn't know anything about boats. Ok, I don't either, but now I know there is one guy that I have an abundance of knowledge over when it comes to a boat. This was a 83 Galaxie, 18 ft tri hull with a 4 cyl merc and merc out drive. Just what I was looking for. 1250.00 bucks. Ok, I figure for that price I can deal with some worn out interier and things. What I see when I get there to look at it is an engine swimming in water 6 inches over the starter. Someone didn't pull the stern drain plug for the winter. I Drain all the water out. carpet is soaked. Full tank is submerged. I pull the dip stick to check the oil and its about 5 quarts over. Water in the oil?? He hooks up the ear muffs to the outdrive, turns on the water and we put a charger on the battery. It takes about 45 minutes before it will turn the engine over. Slowly but surely the water starts to fill the crankcase. I ask did you winterize it, did you drain the engine block. No I didn't, was the answer, I don't know anything about a boat. And its leaking clean water from the front of the bell housing between the engine and outdrive. Cracked hose, who knows. I drove an hour to look at it and it ended up being a waste of my morning. Pictures of the boat were from last year and it was listed as in good condition and runs good. At least I know now that I am not as stupid about boats as I thought.
Thanks everyone who has given me advice and information.
Best regards, Wes.

P/S, The search is still on.

I sure hope it was coming with a $1200 trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure I have SOMETHING you can buy from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets figure out what it is!!!!!

seriously...you want a 20 year old tri hull????????? that needs lots of work???

they give those things away!!

bob