Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Jakebob

Seaman
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

those 70's are good motors, and old seats always need work. He might get it, although I'd price the motor at no moer than $1200 if it's in good shape. So boat and trailer $600? Not too far off.

Agreed. I don't think it woudl be too bad a deal.

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That there's a classic "extra zero" scenario :p

This is another classic "one to many zero's".....more like $125.00 since its going to need $1250.00 + in repairs to get it in shape again.

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/boa/1678064376.html

3n83ma3pa5V35Y05U3a45b76bbcd087081f6e.jpg

1983 thundercraft 16' fish /ski - $1250 (casper)
In board / Out board 140 HP 4cyl Merc Cruiser needs upholstery and fiberglass work.
I bought this recently in Texas to do some fishing. While I was bringing it home the ball came unhitched and the boat and trailer ended up in the ditch. There is aprox. a 10" x 4' damage to the right side and a 1'x1' damage on bottom rear. The motor mounts also broke loose. the trailer is going to need a little welding to put it back in shape but you can use it the way it is as i hauled it probably about 600 mi. after I got it loaded back up. I f you are handy with fiberglass you could have it running in no time, I dont have the time to work on it myself so I am putting it back up for sale. I will do some trading also for a car hauler tandem trailer, 4x4 atv, maybe a wood splitter or guns

waterinthefuel

Commander

Wow, they talked that boat up like it was the grand sea king. Look at that POS.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

They would have to pay me $2,000 to haul it away.

82mustang

Seaman

Thats definetly a case of too many 0's in the price. Really, I should say give me the $20,000 and I guess I'll take it.

reelfishin

Captain

They would have to pay me $2,000 to haul it away.

I think it would take more than that to dispose of.
Of course I had a buddy that rebuilt an old Owens that was ten times worse than that, it took 12 years but he got her back in the water. Too bad he didn't live long enough to enjoy it.
Wood boat are cool but their a ton of work and when you start with one in that condition, you best have a ton of money. I've looked at dozens over the years and most owners all think their worth 5 digits or more, regardless of condition. I owned one myself years ago, I got it for free, it was already in the water and turn key other than a lot of maintenance that was due and a year of bottom growth. It was a cool old boat but never again.

86 century

Ensign

A junk ranger and 30 year old rude 150 only $3500 what a deal.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/1684196760.html
1980 RANGER 198V 150HP EVINRUDE ENGINE WITH RANGER TRAIL TRAILOR. SELLING BOAT & TRAILOR WITH ENGINE MOSTLY FOR THE ENGINE & TRAILOR . THE BOAT AND TRAILOR DOES HAVE CLEAN TITLES. THE BOAT NEEDS ALOT OF TLC (IF WANT TO KEEP). THE BOAT WILL NEED ELECTRICAL WIRING FINISHED, CARPET & NEW SEATS IF YOU WANT TO USE THE BOAT. THE BOAT HAS TWO LIVEWELLS & A TROLLING MOTOR. YOU CAN HEAR THE ENGINE RUN. IT RUNS GREAT!!! THE BOAT WILL NEED BATTERIES. i AM ASKING $3500. I WILL CONSIDER A DECENT OFFER. I KNOW WHAT THE MOTORS ALONE COST TO REPLACE AS USED.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hey you get off his case 86. He KNOWS what those 1980 motors would cost to replace :p (about $900 and $9 respectively) :D

86 century

Ensign

Hey you get off his case 86. He KNOWS what those 1980 motors would cost to replace :p (about $900 and $9 respectively) :D
I wonder what my 200 rude would be worth to him.

86 century

Ensign

A junk ranger and 30 year old rude 150 only $3500 what a deal.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/1684196760.html
1980 RANGER 198V 150HP EVINRUDE ENGINE WITH RANGER TRAIL TRAILOR. SELLING BOAT & TRAILOR WITH ENGINE MOSTLY FOR THE ENGINE & TRAILOR . THE BOAT AND TRAILOR DOES HAVE CLEAN TITLES. THE BOAT NEEDS ALOT OF TLC (IF WANT TO KEEP). THE BOAT WILL NEED ELECTRICAL WIRING FINISHED, CARPET & NEW SEATS IF YOU WANT TO USE THE BOAT. THE BOAT HAS TWO LIVEWELLS & A TROLLING MOTOR. YOU CAN HEAR THE ENGINE RUN. IT RUNS GREAT!!! THE BOAT WILL NEED BATTERIES. i AM ASKING $3500. I WILL CONSIDER A DECENT OFFER. I KNOW WHAT THE MOTORS ALONE COST TO REPLACE AS USED.
Went to look at this one just to see and it is trashed deck soft transom cracked the cavitation plate on eng is broken starter has been jb welded back on. Oh and the guy will come down to $3200