1994 chris craft concept

salty87

Commander
Re: 1994 chris craft concept

this is a great near-miss for you, vr6t3t4. lots to be learned from that boat...how not to's.

ziggy

Admiral

did any of them not come with the omc drive unit?
i can't imagin that they didn't come with various different drive packages... though i don't know this for a fact...

i do know my boat was offered with either omc or mercruiser..... in older aristocrafts they even were offered with a sharkomatic........ http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbrochures/WithShark-o-matic1964.pdf
be glad your not looking at one of those.... :eek: that'd be a real sale killer.....

vr6t3t4

Seaman Apprentice

all the volvo's are carbd i wanted fuel injected dont they make the 5.0l WITH the volvo outdrive

vr6t3t4

Seaman Apprentice

looking at a 1997 chris craft concept and a few others with omc's that have been replaced.

the 97 is a volvo penta he wants 10 k for it

do u think its better to spend 7k on a 94 with a replaced omc outdrive or 10k for a 97 with the volvo penta

ziggy

Admiral

7k on a 94 with a replaced omc outdrive or 10k for a 97 with the volvo penta
i know nothing of either mfgs. but from what i read in 4 years of iboats. i wouldn't think of having a omc. and the vp are highly desirable...... maybe even more so than a american made mercruiser........ :(
whatever ya get. try and be sure ya got oem support close by.... my mercruiser dealer is a mile away... very helpful......

Robertpel9

Petty Officer 1st Class

so i really want a chris craft concept did any of them not come with the omc drive unit?

I have a 1995 Chris Craft Concept and it is an awesome boat and i actually laugh to myself when i get compliments all the time about it here on lake norman where a 19 footer is basically a dinghy:) They are very nicely styled and still look new or better than new from a design standpoint when taken care of

Mine has an original Volvo Penta Engine and Drive package so they are out there. The one looks like it need a lot of cleaning and an inspection. If you leav it in the water you will get that growth. I take excellent care of mine and wetslip it and even though i wiped the drive down underwater EVERY weekend when i pulled it for the winter a few weeks back it did not look all that different from those pics you posted. 20 minutes of cleaning later and it looks near new again so i would not discount it just for that

They are nice boats but again the OMC is probably a deal breaker. If you can find the same boat with the Volvo i would say have it checked out by a mechanic and go for it. With the OMC i would walk away. I just had a chance to pick up a beautiful 1997 Four Winns 24" cuddy literally in brand new shape for 9k but it had the OMC package so right or wrong i walked away

Find a nice Chris Craft with a Volvo and you will be happy

vr6t3t4

Seaman Apprentice

is 7500 a decent deal for a 1997 chris craft concept cuddy with the volvo penta stuff its in really good shape always dry docked?

vr6t3t4

Seaman Apprentice

GetAttachment-11aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-12aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-13aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-14aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-15aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-16aspx.jpg

Robertpel9

Petty Officer 1st Class

see my note on your other thread, if you had it checked out and it was good to go buy it right away or at least tell me where it is so i can LOL