Discovery Voyager Boat?

hamrhed

Cadet
I Purchased a Discovery Voyager 1993 boat. I cannot find any information on the manufacturer, does anyone know what company makes these boats?

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Discovery Voyager Boat?

Give us the Hull Identification Number, and we can tell you who made the boat. That's assuming you're in the USA.

CATransplant

Admiral

Discovery Corporation, Vancouver, WA.

I can't find any other information, so it's likely the company is out of business. Since it sounds like a local boatbuilder, info will probably be hard to find.

hamrhed

Cadet

Thanks CA...

Since my last post i found a plaque that says: Discovery Marine Inc. Preble, NY.

I cannot find any info on this Co... either

CATransplant

Admiral

Interesting. The official list for HINs show yours linking to the Washington company. I imagine one sold to another or something. There have been, over the years, many small boat makers. They make, comparatively, few boats, so they don't have the kind of following as Lund or Crestliner.

Then, they go out of business, for whatever reason, and that's the end of that.

It does make it very difficult to find out the background of your boat, of course, but there it is.

If the boat's in good shape, it doesn't really make that much difference, I suppose.

CATransplant

Admiral

OK, here's the full information from the USCG site at:

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_detail.aspx?id=DSV
====================

Details for Manufacturer Identification Code DSV

MIC:
DSV Status:
Out of Business
Company:
DISCOVERY CORPORATION Company Official:
FORSBERG, LEN
Parent Company:
Parent MIC:

Address:
2625 SE HIDDEN WAY #33 City:
VANCOUVER
State:
WA Zip:
Phone:
Fax:
In Business:
2/19/1993 12:00:00 AM
Out of Business:
5/6/1999 12:00:00 AM Date Modified:
5/6/1999 12:00:00 AM
Type:
Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats Additional Address:

Comments:
DSV WAS DIVERSFIED SERVICES, 419 E EUCLID AVE, COMPTON CA 90222 OOB 790515. ADDRESS PRIOR TO 2/28/96 WAS 2503 SE HIDDEN WAY - PER BSC RETURNED. 5/6/99 MAIL RETURNED. MOVED LEFT NO FORWARDING ADDRESS.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

DMI is out of business. I have a aluminum bass boat made by discovery. Its Discovery Marine Inc. Went out of business in 94 i think. Not sure of that year.

hamrhed

Cadet

Thanks for all the info, the boat is in great shape. CA your correct it doesn't matter, it'll fish well... Thanks again.

Chris...

deezildon

Recruit

I Purchased a Discovery Voyager 1993 boat. I cannot find any information on the manufacturer, does anyone know what company makes these boats?

Yes I can fill you in.Discovery was acompany in Preble,NY started by ex employees of Gruman Boat Works of Marathon,NY.They began with the voyager fishing boats then moved up to center consoles,bowriders(which were every bit as good in quality as Lund)and pontoon boats.They tried to grow too quick and ended up in bankruptcy.Excellent well made boats.They were bought out by Misty Harbor Marine which bought out all their dies and still makes the Voyager line.