1977 bumble bee

My buddie ran up on an old, what looks like a tri hull, 1977 bumble bee bass boat...has a mercury 115hp on the back ...foot control on the front...and a fish finder...on a trailer..how much should we give for it? the ladys husband died and she says that she thinks about 500 dollars..i told him i would give her 300 and then take it and see what all it needs to run...the boat needs work..like maybe paint..carpet...and seats..not really seats.but i would put new ones if i painted it..the motor says 1150 and then 115hp it is and older motor i think it is a 4cy ..so how much would you guys say this boat is worth??

Re: 1977 bumble bee

Do you think that this would be a good boat to try and restore..or just pass it on and go to the next..?

Mikehm

Recruit
Re: 1977 bumble bee

Its hard to comment on the boat with out seeing it, but the engine is a 6 cylinder in line, and if the compression is even, and it runs is well worth the amount of money your talking about. I have owned 3 of them over the years, and like them, there vary strong and fast for there HP rating, and are made in about 95HP to 150HP, with 115 HP the most common.
Mike.