grey wire w/ blue stripe

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class
this wire is unplugged behind my dash. should i plug it in?

rndn

Commander
Re: grey wire w/ blue stripe

Really need more information, such as boat mfg, motor mfg, year of boat and motor. Can't help you with the information you provided and may not be able to help even if you do provide the information.

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class

2006 sx195 glastron 5.0 220 carb.
sorry for the vague past.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If you have no idea what it is, where would you plug it in? The question for you is "what doesn't work"? If everything is working, it is obviously not needed and very likely is for an accessory your boat doesn't have. If you look closer you will probably find more unused connectors or wires. Follow the wire from its end to wherever it goes. That would help to determine what it's for.

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class

its got a male and female end, their both the same color pattern, everything works, far as i can tell.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If neither end is connected and everything works, it is very likely for an accessory you don't have.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,..... Go ahead,+ Plug it in.....

Then you'll need to find the Switch for whatever it is, to see if it Works......

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class

just incase anyone else encounters this and does a search. its a Really Annoying alarm that goes off when you turn the key on. oil pressure maybe?

bhammer

Ensign

just incase anyone else encounters this and does a search. its a Really Annoying alarm that goes off when you turn the key on. oil pressure maybe?

Does the alarm stop after a couple seconds? If so, it is your smartcraft alarm system and you should leave it plugged in. It'll go off when there is an issue with the boat.