How much does it cost you to go fishing

angler53

Seaman
Re: How much does it cost you to go fishing

I fish at least twice a week. I did a three month average divided by the pounds of fish caught.
I won't do that again.....:eek:

WanabeBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

A box of Wheaties and a 6 pack of beer

jljue

Cadet

During this time of year (crappie spawn or pre-spawn) when I can limit out or get close to limiting out on crappie, my mathematics are quite favorable. During the summer and some times during the winter, that can be a different story. Overall, I think that I still manage to catch enough fish so that the cost per lb. of fish costs less than chicken per lb. Lately, chicken costs as much as seafood, so I don't feel so bad when I get skunked.

DavidD

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I fish at least twice a week. I did a three month average divided by the pounds of fish caught.
I won't do that again.....:eek:

LOL Yeah that a BIG No No!:eek:

TonyNoriega

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It cost me my last marraige...........

Man, the fishing on Tampa Bay gets better every year!

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, let's see...

New 2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman with lots of goodies, Merc 115hp 4-stroke, Shoreland'r trailer with options: $xx,000.

New 2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited to tow said 2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman: $xx,000.

So, how much does it cost to go fishing? Oh, I'd say it's about 1 1/2 times what we paid for our house back in 1975.

The cost of gas, insurance, required equipment (PFDs, lines, anchor, etc), safe boating course, LakeMaster chip, fishing equipment and license, and other expenses don't seem to really matter at this point... the whole experience was rather mind numbing, you know.

Anyway, I finish my safe boating course and take the exam tomorrow night, and we pick up the new boat this Thursday (May 1st) for a shakedown cruise with the selling dealer, weather permitting. Can't wait!:D