Kelly Blue Book for boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyalsCreek

Cadet
Does anyone have a recommendation for a website that gives a reasonably accurate estimate for used boat prices? thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Kelly Blue Book for boats?

there is nada boats, but as far as accuracy not there. condition, maintenance, region, and time of year all enter into the price.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.....

You'll get a Better picture of the True Value by checking ebay, or boattrader.....

jeffisjacked

Cadet

so, does the nada assume a trailer in their pricing?

i have an 17ft bayliner capri bow rider, 85 force, no power tt, but i just recovered the entire interior....i have NO idea what its worth, the trailer is in great condition, though it has bunks.....basically, the boat looks new, but isnt. runs as great as a 2 stroke can.

what would you guys pay for it? (place yourselves in the shoes of the average buyer) im east coast about 70 min from the delaware beaches

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

small boats are cheap..... cheaper in the winter..... without knowing year and looking it over 250 - 1700..... check craigslist and see what similar boats are priced at... then see which adds are deleted and which ones stay around

Genonbamagirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I run an ad on craigslist titled "I will remove junk boats from your property". I get about one boat a month, about half are delivered here for nothing. I have a 16' trailer and a chain hoist to drag stuff onto. You would not think it but I have had fully functional boats of every stripe just given to me. I have to strip to nothing a boat a month and run a chainsaw through about a hull a month but it's not a big deal because I just throw the hull parts on my "once monthly bonfire". The bits and pieces are sold on ebay individually by my wife after I polish them up a bit.

I stockpile everything in our shop and if we need something we use it. We often get a nice .........

Wait. My bad. I can haul that thing off for you if need be.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

what would you guys pay for it? (place yourselves in the shoes of the average buyer) im east coast about 70 min from the delaware beaches

A saltwater used Bayliner with a Force....$1000 tops.

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How does value effect WA state ownership transfer?
If the boat was acquired without a dollar exchanged, how does WA decide value?

Status
Not open for further replies.