Quicksilver 2-4-C Grease VS SuperTech Marine Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

kram66

Cadet
Just wondering if there is an advantage to using the 2-4-C grease as opposed to using the SuperTech grease from Walmart. Im not sure of the differences in the two as they are both marine greases? I know the 2-4-C has a Teflon additive and the SuperTech is made up of Calcium Sulfonate.....but can they be substitued for each other.

wallydc2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Quicksilver 2-4-C Grease VS SuperTech Marine Grease

From what I have read on these forums the teflon additive is always the best way to go.

Shaun78

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use greengrease for EVERYTHING. It is supposed to be the best.

tommays

Admiral

I find better results with 2-4-C on things that are UNDER saltwater like props and flow-torque bushings

And the plain bearing pivot points on the gimble and bellhouseing

Tommays

John_S

Rear Admiral

A tube of 2-4-C will last a long time. Not sure why you would want to play chemical analysis and application engineer to save a couple of $ at wally world. You are better off using the 2-4-C where the manual says to.

It was my understanding that both 2-4-C and Special 101 grease are for surface/corrosion protection in wet environments. They are not bearing grease, correct? The 2-4-C is called out usually when there is a gasket or seal in contact with metal. The 101 seems to be called out in a more metal protectant case. I do know that every fall when I pull the prop, I am amazed how well the 101 holds up to a season submerged in water.

Or, you can just fall back to the Bondo motto :D

Bondo

Staff member

Or, you can just fall back to the Bondo motto :D

Ayuh,..........
Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

I use greengrease for EVERYTHING. It is supposed to be the best.

To the best of my knowledge,............. the Color of Grease means absolutely Nothing...........

Shaun78

Petty Officer 1st Class

GREEN Grease is the name. greengrease.net. It's a synthetic grease compatible w/all others and protects better than any other(even is salt water)

Joe Jackson

Recruit

What do you base that claim that green grease is that good? I try to use the BEST stuff when & where I can. I've been to the website greengrease.net and boy is that a slick website. ( Pun intended). How long have you used it? What have you used it on? Thanks Joe

Shaun78

Petty Officer 1st Class

There was a story about it on a auto mechanic show on TV. I use it for my boat,trailers,cars etc. Just try it!!

robert graham

Admiral

Ayuh,..........
Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

To the best of my knowledge,............. the Color of Grease means absolutely Nothing...........

Now Bond-O, you gotta KNOW that Purple Grease is better than Green Grease, but not quite as good as Black Grease!:D

Bondo

Staff member

Now Bond-O, you gotta KNOW that Purple Grease is better than Green Grease, but not quite as good as Black Grease!:D

Ayuh,... Donno 'bout That, but I do know this thread is 'bout 5 Years old....

I bet you knew that too,.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.