Crestliner Touch Up Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmonseeker

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 2004 Crestliner Angler 1600SC that is painted blue and kinda an off white. Most of the newer Crestliner's are painted with this off white colour.

I am looking for some touch up paint for the white parts, I went to the Crestliner web site and they will give out the paint mix codes so you can take it to a local paint maker and have it made for you. The problem is there is no white colour listed on their site and I would prefer not having to find someone to make me a small batch of paint just for a few small touch ups.

Anybody know where I might find some touch up paint for Crestliners. There are no dealers close to me.

Thanks

rndn

Commander
Re: Crestliner Touch Up Paint

Call Crestliner. You'll find their customer service very helpful.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Visit your Crestliner dealer. If you bought the boat new you should have been given a bottle of touch up paint (for both colors).

Salmonseeker

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did buy the boat new, but it did not come with any touch up paint. The dealer I bought it from was in North Carolina and I live in Ontario, Canada, so theres no going back for a can of paint. I found a dealer about an hour away and sent them an email. They responded that they don't have any in stock and I should go to the Crestliner website and get the paint codes and have it made. I already checked there and they do not list the white paint there.

I will call Crestliner tomorrow and see what they recommend.

If I can get the paint codes from Crestliner, Where would I get the paint made?

Can I just go to home depot and a paint store or do I have to actually find a factory that makes the paint?

Thanks

luckyinkentucky

Chief Petty Officer

You'll need an automotive grade paint. Home Depot won't carry that. When buying the paint for my boat trailer to repaint it I found the paint to be DuPont Aircraft Paint. The stuff is hard as nails, and you don't want anything cheap on your boat anyway. Most non-auto paints are water based, and will just wash away after a little use anyway.

If you can get the white color code by calling Crestliner I know of a company that carries most any auto paint, and will sell you a touch up pen for very little. The company is named Color Rite. There website is http://www.colorrite.com/ .

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You might try going to an automotive paint supply store and look at their color chip books. They have them for cars and perhaps boats as well. Even NAPA stores sell paint supplies and can mix paint. They used to have color chip books as well but I've been out of the car restoration field for some time.

H16438

Recruit
I needed touchup paint as well. I tried to contact Crestliner, who refers you to the dealer, who had no idea about where to get touchup paint.
The paint code formulas can be found at the crestliners site under the owners link, but no info is given where to get the paint.
After extensive research, i learned WESCO Automotive stores will take the crestliner code for your year and boat color and mix you several ounces of the paint in a small bottle with a brush for touchup while you wait.
Hope this helps others who need some touchup paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.