best aluminum boat?

Bindernut

Seaman
Re: best aluminum boat?

Heh, I grew up around Lunds so I'm partial to them, but a co-worker's family runs a Crestliner dealership and I just fell in love with their little 1600 Fishhawk package. Not that I've got the cash to spend on a new boat but I will definitely check out Crestliner too when I get ready to upgrade my little BlueFin.

I can't say that any brand is better than another. It's just like ford vs Dodge vs Chevy trucks. Everyone will have their own favorite...do some digging and you'll find yours.

firehog6305

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would say starcraft makes the best big water alum boat, I really liked my 191 islander w/ cutty cabin, handle the large waves in the san francisco bay just fine, the only problem with a alum boat in rough water that I hjave found, is that when you anchor to fish, its so light, that you get toss around a bit, had lots of power with the mercruiser

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I recently bought a new Alumaweld. I am really pleased with it. I got more than I expected. It will probably out last me.

jamieat

Seaman Apprentice

Xpress Boats Hands Down makes the best aluminum bass boat. The others, I am not so sure of. I owned a 2001 18' Triton with a 175 Johnson, and I would not trade my Xpress for it nor any other boat I have ever fished in.

flowjet_man

Cadet

Tough to beat a Lund. Their reputation is second to none and I haven't come across an unhappy owner.