JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Grab Rail for Center Consoles

Can you be a bit more specific??<br /><br />Red sky.<br />JB
smile.gif

kevin1gail2

Cadet

Specifically, a grab rail that mount on the side of the center console and extends vertically up and around the window screen of the console. Not only is it a grab rail but supports the mooring cover and keeps it off the window. I see them on many center console boats and one could make them but curious if can buy off the shelf.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Haha! I guess I am the one who needs to be more specific. What size console do you have, on what kind of boat? Boston Whaler will sell you rails for their current models, but they probably wouldn't fit anything other than that specific console, and you might have to surrender your first born and a mortgage on your house. The rails from my Son's late model Montauk and my older Montauk will not interchange. I'm sure other manufacturers sell rails to fit their boats, too. Overton's offers adjustable T-tops that can be made to fit many consoles and West Marine offers a little hoop of a rail that you can attach to many consoles. There. Does that help?<br /><br />Red sky at night.<br />JB
smile.gif

kevin1gail2

Cadet

That gives me a couple things to look at. My boat is a 19ft Alumaweld LS. Pick it up 7/21/01 and just looking ahead at some of the things I would like to add. Never know, thought maybe there was a monthly "Grab Rails for Center Consoles" magazine. Seems like there is a mag for most anything. Appreciate your response.I have read many of your responses and find them informative.