Aqua Signal Docking Lights

larry1302

Cadet
I was considering installing docking lights from Aqua Signal on my Crestliner 1750 sportfish. Has anyone ever installed these lights on a 17' fishing boat?? I do a fair amount of night boating (fishing and ride around the lake) and these look like they might be the ticket. Thanks for any opinions you have to offer. DOCKING LIGHTS

Mumblerone

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Aqua Signal Docking Lights

Personally I don't like them. They only point in the direction the boat is heading. Boston Whaler use to have them as a standard option. Take a look at http://www.acrelectronics.com/searchlights/rcl75.html This is ACR's NEW remote, priced about the same as the Aqua Signal. As an aside, I never liked the quality or design of their running lights, either. I have the RCL-100D, great light. There are many times you will want to see other than straight ahead, this gives you more versatility. I understand that space may be limited, in that case I would consider a good handheld. The problem is then you gotta hold it and fight the bugs. Nothing's PERFECT. Good place to buy www.consumersmarine.com Hope this helps you 'see the light'. ;)

larry1302

Cadet
Re: Aqua Signal Docking Lights

Mumblerone:<br /> Thanks for the reply. I guess if I had a bridge or the bow space something like the ACR's would fit the bill. The problem is the bow is already mostly taken up by the trolling motor. I know what you mean about the bugs and the hand held, that's what I'm trying to avoid yet be able to shine some light in front of me to watch for swim platforms/rafts in the water as well as pulling into the dock. Maybe I should just stick with what I had on my old boat, 385,000cp KC daylighter made for offroad 4x4 trucks. For 50 bucks it's lasted 10+ years, stainless has a habbit of doing that. Anyone else ever use the Aqua Signal lights??