Buying a boat in Canada?

Frequently Asked Questions From our U.S. Customers<br /><br />Q) As a U.S. resident is it a hassle to buy a boat in Canada.<br /><br />A) Only if you consider saving thousands of dollars a hassle! We at Kanuck Marine have been exporting boats to the U.S. for more than 20 years. You chose the boat, we will get it to your door. We also will provide you with the whole South Park series on DVD<br /><br />Q) What about the Duty?<br /><br />A) Through NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) duty in most cases has been completely eliminated. Plus we know you American's have duty for brains!<br /><br />Q) How will I finance a Canadian boat from a Canadian Dealer in the U.S.?<br /><br />A) Kanuk Boats is both a U.S. and Canadian dealer, we are setup with familiar banks and often can handle the process from start to finish. We will also break your legs if you don't pay on time<br /><br />Q) What about the taxes & registration, who handles that?<br /><br />A) We collect the tax and remit it to the proper office in your area, we also obtain registration and validation stickers where necessary. Most often we have the required forms, and have probably done several in your area. On second thought...Screw the tax!<br /><br />Q) What about service? Who is going to handle that?<br /><br />A) We have a convenient toll free number that works from anywhere in North America. We have contacts across the continent with various repair specialties, from electronics, to Air Conditioning to refrigeration. Give us the information and we will set up the repair, usually the same week. We will also send down our own special needs son personally to stay at your house till the repairs are done.<br /><br />Q) Are parts going to be hard to find?<br /><br />A) The beauty of this is that many of the components you are familiar with will be found on a Canadian boat. Clarion Sound Systems, Mercury powerplants, Sunbrella Canvas and so on. the savings comes from more cost effective manufacturing, NOT inferior components. We also dispose of dead bodies.<br /><br />Q) I want to find out more about this opportunity to save thousands purchasing a boat from Canada, whats my next step.<br /><br />A) Call toll free 1-800-new-boat. We have high pressure sales consultants, who are very versed on these and other issues. We will give you factual no nonsense answers to your questions.

Cast-Away

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Buying a boat in Canada?

Here is their best selling model! This little baby does 100 mph with only an 90 hp on it!
Last%20Day.jpg

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

While this is informative I'm not sure I like "commercial" postings in this forum.

ahollinger

Seaman Apprentice

Well at least he admits he has "High Pressure Salesmen"!

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class

gee you can't reach their toll-free number from inside Canada. What gives? Also, why are we mocking Canadian boat makers again? Did I miss something?<br /><br />just curious

If anyone should have gotten it you should have moose! Don't make me come to SSC and deal with you! Unlike that limp noodle Silvertwit, I know where to find you! I just look for the yard that is'nt mowed in the summer and the walk that is'nt shoveled in the winter.