Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

runninhorn

Recruit
Ive always been a Cobalt guy, but recently I came across a clean 98 23' Formula. The salesman, said Formula was a top of the line boat, but i wanted to get some other peoples opinions before i made an offer. So does Formula make a good quality boat? Or should i stick with Cobalt?

Re: Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

If there is one manufacturer that can lay claim to building to a similar level of excellence as Cobalt, it is Formula. You can see from my signature what my bias is, but Formula builds a very nice boat.

Clay

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I hope Formula is a good one i just bought 30 footer. anybody want to buy a searay?

chellabell

Cadet

Ihad a 1988 242ls formula it was superb. It<br />kept a high resale. Next I had a 1994 303 sr1<br />with t502mpi. Formula does not build even one<br />flaw on their boats. The fit and finish is<br />2nd to none. I now have a fountain center console. Formula is by far a good choice.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

All of life's little questions should be this easy.<br /> and the answer is...............either one.<br /><br />Now see, that wadn't hard.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

chrker

Cadet

runninhorn,<br /><br />Tough decision. Which high quality boat to buy? No doubt, either boat is an excellent choice. What kind of engine/drive is the Formula packin’?<br /><br />Which lake do you boat on? I’m on Lake Travis so maybe I’ll see ya out on the water.<br /><br />-Chris

runninhorn

Recruit

hey, ill be out on lake travis. The Formula is 23' long, has a mag 454, and the guy wants $29k. Its at: www.eriksenmarine.com <br /><br />its actually on lake travis.....i kinda like the formula myself, but ive always had cobalt........so what kinda boat do you have on lake travis?

chrker

Cadet

I took a quick look at it out at Eriksens a couple of days ago. Are you sure it’s a mag? The description on the website says it is a 7.4. Good looking boat though and clean.<br /><br />Anyway, I have a 25’ Donzi ZX. Are you going to put it in a slip or trailer it? I keep mine in a slip on a lift. <br /><br />In my marina, fellow slipmates have 25’ and 31’ Formulas. Real nice boats despite a complete lack of care in one particular case.<br /><br />Let me know if you get it. We can meet up for some serious go-fastin’. Also, let me know if you need another set of eyes to give her a thorough look over before you decide to commit. I’m between projects right now and have some free time.<br /><br />-Chris

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
WOW, just the thread I was looking for!!! I know it's an old thread, but I'd like to bring it back to life! I am, right now, shopping for a 24-26 foot bowrider, with a budget of around $30K. (used, obviously) I have seen BEAUTIFUL examples in both brands and I want one or the other, but I just can't seem to decide which is "better". Can anyone tell me why I should decide one way or the other? How about resale? Reliability? (Things beside cosmetics, or even build quality....factors I may not have considered.)

Please bring this old thread back to life!

After 14 years none of the boats mentioned have anything to do with how they were built.

You are not the OP, so you can't revive the thread. Read our rules and this thread is ancient, dead , inactive and closed!.

Status
Not open for further replies.