Where can I find a ski/tow rope

kellybeggs

Recruit
This weekend we took our pontoon boat out and went tubing. We have the kind of tube that carries two people on it and has the high sides. We bought all the necessary ropes (100 foot rope) and the attachment rope to the boat. The boat store man lined us up with all the necessary equipment to tube with a pontoon. <br /><br />The problem was that our tube kept doing a nose dive and going under the water. We shifted our weight to the back, too, thinking maybe we were too top heavy and we still did a nose dive. We think maybe the rope caught the water causing it to pull us under. So now we are looking for a ski/tow bar to attach to the boat. Does anyone know of any websites to purchase these? We've looked every where. Has anyone else had this happen to them? How did you fix it?

Baldguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Where can I find a ski/tow rope

It happened to me when my wife didn't start us out quickly enough. You've got to punch it not only to get the boat on plane, but to get the tube on plane.<br /><br />All depends upon your boat setup, tube, and weight on the tube.<br /><br />Not trying to be a smart*&^, but did you folks punch it to launch the tube or did you start out slowly?

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Where can I find a ski/tow rope

You've got to get the attachment point higher on the pontoon. Think about the rope angle. The greater the angle, the easier it is to pop the tube (or a skier) on plane. Your boat (or toon) will struggle less with the load also.<br /><br />A pylon works very well. Take a look at these.<br /><br />Also, make sure to "punch it" as baldguy says. Don't baby the throttle. Just make sure the rope is tight first.