Center console for cool weather?

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
I've only been on a center console one time, my uncle's 18' Wellcraft in Cape Coral, FL many years ago. I live in KY and love to get out in the fall. I have a 21' bowrider and can throw the bow cover on, close the windshield and stay warm. Considering downsizing in the future and was wondering how a center console does in a cold weather environment.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
As you would expect in asking the question......freeze your begeebies off.

Expidia

Commander
I see center consoles with dodgers on the bow which serves to block the wind and cold and also prevent a wave from washing over the bow and taxing your bilge pump. Mine is a side console and the first thing I had custom made for my rig when I bought it was a full enclosure with plastic windows all around which stow away in a bag until I need them. 3 seasons ago I added a custom folding bow dodger. Turns my bow into a cuddy for added gear storage too. Here in the Northeast can be a very short season due to the cold weather. But the enclosure and dodger extend our season from sometimes April through end of Oct!

Attachments

• photo336762.jpg
    photo336762.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 1

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
I've only been on a center console one time, my uncle's 18' Wellcraft in Cape Coral, FL many years ago. I live in KY and love to get out in the fall. I have a 21' bowrider and can throw the bow cover on, close the windshield and stay warm. Considering downsizing in the future and was wondering how a center console does in a cold weather environment.

If you want to maximise your boating/ fishing opportunities when it's cold, wet and or drizzly don't consider a centre console,
only the hard core fisherfolk around here ( south end of Oz ) use them and then only untill their brass b...s fall off,

They pretend they aren't cold but the teeth chattering tells a different story.