2008 Bluewater Cascade. Need boat info/manual and troubleshoot help.

JJ Schnell

Cadet
Sorry, not sure where to post this since it is a 2 part question. Mods feel free to move or let me know if I need to post it differently.

We purchased a 2008 Bluewater Cascade BR about a year ago. I have been unable to find any kind of real info about it or a user manual. It has the Volvo Penta 5.0 GL motor in it. Really would like to find out the fuel tank size especially which leads me to the next part.

We were out on the river today and the boat died. Tried for almost 2 hours to trouble shoot with repair shop on phone thinking vapor lock as it was 108 degrees out but never did get it started, ended up getting rescued and towed by Sheriff's dept.:grumpy:

Just acted like it wasn't getting any fuel as it would try to start but just wouldn't kick over. Showed almost half a tank of gas but wondering if maybe gauge isn't messed up, hence looking for fuel tank size as I went and filled after tow and got 31 gallons into it.

Really bummed and hope to keep from an expensive fix or trouble shoot. I know quite a bit about cars but almost nothing about boat motors.

mr 88

Commander
You will not find a manual for it ,research boat manuals for answers to that if you want to. Gas tank capacity is usually found on the top of tank ,near the pick up and is either stamped on the tank or may have a metal tag on it. Or if you can't find that get the aprox width.length and height then google it for your capacity. , sorry don't remember the equation . So did it start up and if so did you take it out for a run after filling up the tank ? Engine questions and trouble shooting has its own forum on here , just scroll down from this forums heading.

JJ Schnell

Cadet
You will not find a manual for it ,research boat manuals for answers to that if you want to. Gas tank capacity is usually found on the top of tank ,near the pick up and is either stamped on the tank or may have a metal tag on it. Or if you can't find that get the aprox width.length and height then google it for your capacity. , sorry don't remember the equation . So did it start up and if so did you take it out for a run after filling up the tank ? Engine questions and trouble shooting has its own forum on here , just scroll down from this forums heading.

Thanks.

Have not taken it back out, was after 7pm by the time we got back in and I had to work at 4am. Found an access hatch that I didn't even know was there to see the top of the tank and it looks like it says 39 gallons. I put 31 gallons in it to fill so looks like that wasn't the issue. I will post in the tech section to see if I can get other suggestions.