New Boat Owner - Hopefully soon. 2020 Sea Ray 270 SDX OB

Uneedkhoality

Recruit
Hello everyone, I may possibly be getting a boat in the next week or so. I have been dealing with MarineMax. They have a used one coming in on trade soon. 2020 Sea Ray 270 SDX OB. Approximately $115K. Getting all details in the coming days. He did give me the specs but i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the pic here or not. Here are some of the details:

300HP White Merc Verado
White Sports Tower w/Bimini
Hydraulic Trim Tabs
9" Digital Dash
Blue LED Lighting Package
No Trailer

I did spec out a comparable one on Sea Ray's website and it's roughly $132K.

I would like the opinions and advice this forum on the possible purchase of this boat to see if it's a good deal. Would this be too much for a first time buyer? I have rented and driven a pontoon before and know it's in no comparison to a bowrider :)

Thank you in advance!

tpenfield

Staff member
2020 as a used boat . . . wow !!! :eek: the previous owners must really love it :rolleyes:

So, why is it being traded in?

What's the MSRP new . . . $132K ???

The base MSRP is about $108K with a dealer cost of about $78K, so a $132K MSRP w/ options would get a dealer cost of about $95K. I would think the boat originally sold for around $115K . . .

Price might be a bit steep, maybe 20% steep, but it is a strong market for boats right now.

It might be on the large size for a first timer, but you will adjust to it.

Uneedkhoality

Recruit
2020 as a used boat . . . wow !!! :eek: the previous owners must really love it :rolleyes:

So, why is it being traded in?

What's the MSRP new . . . $132K ???

The base MSRP is about $108K with a dealer cost of about $78K, so a $132K MSRP w/ options would get a dealer cost of about $95K. I would think the boat originally sold for around $115K . . .

Price might be a bit steep, maybe 20% steep, but it is a strong market for boats right now.

It might be on the large size for a first timer, but you will adjust to it.

Thank you for the input! But the owner never made his appointment to list his boat. We did however find a brokerage boat:

2018 Sea Ray 270 SDX OB
Transferable Extended Warranty until 2/21/24
White Merc Verado 300, 65 Hrs
Simrad 9"
White Sports Tower
Blue LED
Bow/Cockpit Tables
Dual Batteries
Hydraulic Trim Tabs
Air Compressor
Head Interior Upgrade
Pump Out

Listed for $99,900 and still taking offers. I spec'd out a similar equipped for a 2020 and it's rougly $132K. I'm thinking this is a better deal with all the upgrades? I understand on a brokerage boat, we, the buyer, is responsible for getting it surveyed, etc?

Thank you again for your input!

tpenfield

Staff member
Sarasota, FL ???

You can check NADAguides.com and BucValu.com for market value estimates. $100K is still pricey, but the market seems to be dictating that. It is one of the lower priced boats (of that model) on the market.

Yes, buyer pays for inspections/survey

Uneedkhoality

Recruit
Sarasota, FL ???

You can check NADAguides.com and BucValu.com for market value estimates. $100K is still pricey, but the market seems to be dictating that. It is one of the lower priced boats (of that model) on the market.

Yes, buyer pays for inspections/survey

Yes, in Sarasota, FL, but unfortunately, the owner accepted an offer shy of a few hundred of their asking price according to the broker. Seems like boat deals are done so quickly and the market is dictating this price range! The salesman we're working with did find us another one:

2018 Sea Ray 270 SDX OB
White Merc Verado 350, 120 Hrs
Simrad 9"
White Sports Tower
Blue LED
Thru Hull Underwater Lights
Bow/Cockpit Tables
Dual Batteries
On Board Battery Charger
Hydraulic Trim Tabs
Head Interior Upgrade
Pump Out

The reason this one is for sale is the owner ordered a 32' Boston Whaler. He listed for $115K, but said he would take $105K. Would this be something worth considering even at $105K?

Thanks again for your input!

tpenfield

Staff member
Your money. . . Your call. I can’t make that sort of decision for you.