New to me Glastron 205 issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Glastron 205 issue

Hello! I recently got an 07 Glastron 205 GT with a mercruiser 5.0. The issue is the NAV lights won’t work; neither the green/red lights nor the pole light. I immediately thought it could be a fuse, however I can not for the life of my find the fuse box. I am new to boats but I’ve been working on cars for a while. Does anyone know where the fuse box would be? I looked near the engine and found nothing, I looked for a door near the driver/passenger seat and again found nothing. Lastly, I looked under the dash and there was a lot of wires, however no fuse box, there was black boxes behind the instrument cluster but I don’t know what they were. If you guys could lend a hand on any ideas of what It could be/where the fuse box is, I’d greatly appreciate It! Thank you!

First, welcome aboard

second, call glastron. since the engine and engine wiring are documented by mercruiser, the remainder of the boat is usually generic

there are stickies in the electrical section that has generic schematics

not sure if there are fuses, circuit breakers or poly-switches

Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by Tyty722 View Post
      Hello! I recently got an 07 Glastron 205 GT with a mercruiser 5.0. The issue is the NAV lights won’t work; neither the green/red lights nor the pole light. I immediately thought it could be a fuse, however I can not for the life of my find the fuse box. I am new to boats but I’ve been working on cars for a while. Does anyone know where the fuse box would be? I looked near the engine and found nothing, I looked for a door near the driver/passenger seat and again found nothing. Lastly, I looked under the dash and there was a lot of wires, however no fuse box, there was black boxes behind the instrument cluster but I don’t know what they were. If you guys could lend a hand on any ideas of what It could be/where the fuse box is, I’d greatly appreciate It! Thank you!
      Not sure about your boat, but the fuses in my 1999 Glastron SX175 are all under the dash. It's likely one of those black boxes you see is the fuse box.

Comment

Working...
      X