Fiberglass pontoon?

Tcfurk

Cadet
I recently purchased this and have no clue what it is. Any ideas?

Attachments

• photo336430.jpg
    photo336430.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 2

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Kentucky paperwork you should received from the seller will say it's a Holiday.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

southkogs

Staff member
Goodness! Even the boats in Kentucky have metal roofs! :drum:

That looks new enough it should have a Hull ID number stamped into the stern. The MIC code should help with who built it.

:welcome:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
from the looks of the pic, its the start of a project that will empty your wallet by about $6-8000

CaptainSteveo

Seaman
from the looks of the pic, its the start of a project that will empty your wallet by about $6-8000

Phew! At least $6 to 8000 from the looks of it. Entire deck already looks rotted which will mean everything is probably rotted. Hope you got it for a nice big project.

matt167

Captain
The deck is easy... The money job is the fact those toons are filled with foam and probably wood

Tcfurk

Cadet
PBG01772M78H
Thats the Serial Number on the hull, I’ve tried looking it up but can’t really find much. I think it was made by Premier boats in 1978 but haven’t seen any info on it.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
hundreds of thousands of boat companies have come and gone in the past 100 years. most that had small manufacturing numbers and disappeared before the early 90s when the internet came along dont have any information available.

do you have the paperwork for it, yes or no. if no, project wont even be worth looking into it

if yes, you need to seriously consider..... is this a project you want to tackle. my estimate of $6000-$8000 still stands as you are effectively restoring 2 hulls and the exterior gel is shot. then on top of that, you will need interior, etc.