SeaDek Experience/Reviews?

jbalsly

Cadet
Came across their floor coverings. Really liking the look. Tempted to install on my swim platform and bow sections. Would like feedback if anyone has this. Hold up well? Was it expensive? Did you do it yourself or pay to have installed?

mr 88

Commander
You get what you pay for and SeaDek is probably top of the line as far as price goes. Holds up well ,more so in the northern climate than southern , sun and more time sitting in the elements . Going to last longer on a pleasure boat than a fishing boat for obvious reasons.. Can be applied your self and they offer a template for you to fill out and send in for accuracy. Hard to remove once its on from what I have read. Google it and a ton of articles ,forums replies will show up.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Best floor covering we ever had. Also the most expensive. I always say you get what you pay for and in our case cost was no object so I just wanted the best for what may be my last boat.

All the others get real hot in the sun, but Seadek stays cool all the time. Easy to clean and it looks sooooo coool.

If you take a dog with you, don't buy it. The dog's nails will damage it.

In our case we have it thru the entire boat, not just the swim platform.

ahicks

Captain
Ours is on an entire pontoon boat, is kind of a light grey woven pattern. Yes, expensive, but like Jim S, this could be my last boat and I wanted the best. It gets hot like fire! Easily as hot as the alum. dock when you are barefoot! Still love the stuff. Just have something on your feet in hot weather.

Only downside I've experienced, I made the mistake of spilling some gas on it when filling the tank early on (a cup or 2 max). That stain will not come out. It's like it melted the backing a little, and that came up through the weave discoloring it a bit. That was a couple of years ago, and admittedly, the stain is fading a bit. Not nearly as noticeable as it was at first. No other downside. Washes up nicely easily.

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
How well does blood and scales clean from it. Flooring is on my list the decks can be flooded in blood guts and scales at times.

I do want something that’s easy on bare feet that will hold up to hard core fishing and diving equipment.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its EVA foam.

same stuff on paddle boards, wind surf boards, and many jet skiis

same stuff Crocs and flip flops are made from

it will get slightly stained with blood (or wine), however with some elbow grease you can get the stains out.

briangcc

Commander
Best purchase I made. I made the template for my swim platform and wife chose the colors. Holding up very well. Purchased and self-installed in 2018. A couple stains here/there but not noticeable unless you know what you are looking for.

I forget the color names but its a light brown overtop of a dark brown base.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Our delivery was less than stellar. There were stains on the floor from greasy boots. It cleaned up fast and easy with the OEM Seadek brand cleaner. I can attest that "pop" stains come out with ease.

I don't understand the hot floor comments. Vinyl Marideck floors (and the like) are hotter than heck to walk on. SeaGrass, which is common these days, no better. Our teak brown Seadek is quite comfortable to the bare feet.

My fishing boats have FG decks and/or vinyl. Now, if I was fishing in the boat I would not have installed any flooring at all.
Click image for larger version  Name:	file-33web.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	10901575

jbalsly

Cadet
briangcc, how is it holding up these days? I hear after some time edges can start coming up but from all your reviews, I'm thinking of doing this for sure!

briangcc

Commander
Like the day I installed it. Seriously, no BS. And that's over top of the no-skid on the swim deck.

In the blazing sun when I was packing for vacation, you left skin on my vinyl seats/cushions. SeaDek was nice and cool.

Follow the install directions and you should be just fine. Or pay a bit (a lot) more and have one of their certified installers complete it for you.