Deck paint/nonskid

petere1144

Cadet
Hi all, I have an 18' cc and in some spots the original glassed deck is beginning to spider crack, and I'm just looking to paint the majority of the deck with a slight nonskid texture. I've looked at kiwi, awlgrip, and totalboat, does anyone have any recommendations or reviews, negative or positive?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
What about a single part polyurethane paint like Brightside? It is easy to use. There is a fine sand product that may be mixed in to provide non slip. Not sure how it will wear.

Awlgrip and Imron are supposed to be professional only application. Not sure about the others.

What about other marine decking options like those interlocking mesh squares? Also, a friend of mine had an old boat with some textured marine vinyl floor. It lasted decades, and looked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
They painted the floors of the charter boat I mated on with interlux non-skid. Held up well to commercial use

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
if you want to re-do the gel non-skid, I can walk you thru that.

there are about 4 ways to do that.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Hi all, I have an 18' cc and in some spots the original glassed deck is beginning to spider crack, and I'm just looking to paint the majority of the deck with a slight nonskid texture. I've looked at kiwi, awlgrip, and totalboat, does anyone have any recommendations or reviews, negative or positive?

I spray antiskid on my trailer tongues and access points. Process is simple. Go to HD and get a bag of play sand and enamel paint of your choosing. Spray the selected surface and while still wet....spraying and spreading as you go, sprinkle sand on the surface and let it sit. When dry, brush off the access. If holidays, just redo the spots. When finished, over spray with the chosen color to hide the sand. Works really great.