Deck paint/nonskid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck paint/nonskid

Hi all, I have an 18' cc and in some spots the original glassed deck is beginning to spider crack, and I'm just looking to paint the majority of the deck with a slight nonskid texture. I've looked at kiwi, awlgrip, and totalboat, does anyone have any recommendations or reviews, negative or positive?

What about a single part polyurethane paint like Brightside? It is easy to use. There is a fine sand product that may be mixed in to provide non slip. Not sure how it will wear.

Awlgrip and Imron are supposed to be professional only application. Not sure about the others.

What about other marine decking options like those interlocking mesh squares? Also, a friend of mine had an old boat with some textured marine vinyl floor. It lasted decades, and looked fine.
    Last edited by jbcurt00; March 26th, 2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

They painted the floors of the charter boat I mated on with interlux non-skid. Held up well to commercial use

Comment

if you want to re-do the gel non-skid, I can walk you thru that.

there are about 4 ways to do that.
        Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by petere1144 View Post
          Hi all, I have an 18' cc and in some spots the original glassed deck is beginning to spider crack, and I'm just looking to paint the majority of the deck with a slight nonskid texture. I've looked at kiwi, awlgrip, and totalboat, does anyone have any recommendations or reviews, negative or positive?
          I spray antiskid on my trailer tongues and access points. Process is simple. Go to HD and get a bag of play sand and enamel paint of your choosing. Spray the selected surface and while still wet....spraying and spreading as you go, sprinkle sand on the surface and let it sit. When dry, brush off the access. If holidays, just redo the spots. When finished, over spray with the chosen color to hide the sand. Works really great.
          If you are new to boating or have a new boat, a knowledgeable friend could show you how to operate your boat and save you a lot of grief, maybe some money, and maybe your life.

Comment

Working...
          X