22'starcraft chieftain

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am thinking about getting rid of older boat,I don't know how to price it,it's sitting on costom made for the boat,it's has to axial trailer with disc brakes.the boat is in good shape, i/o and merc starts 6cyl runs strong leak very little,I am in North ca,and I can't find anything like it any were,anybody got any ideas thanks

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am just thinking about it I know I couldn't find another like this

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am all so thinking about making it a center console,because everyone seem to want that type of boats in ca,again just thinking out aloud

southkogs

Staff member
Selling the boat, you'll have to look at comparable boats in your area. Depending on how old it is, and how good of shape it's in, it could be worth a few thousand dollars. But sounds like you're selling a leaking problem too.

If you're thinking about converting it to a center console because you'll like it - go for it. If you're thinking about converting it because it'll sell better; you'll never recover your costs back out of it.

If you like it, and couldn't find another like it - I wouldn't fix what's not broken.

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
[No message]

Attachments

• photo326942.jpg
    photo326942.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 6
  • photo326943.jpg
    photo326943.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 6

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Why don't you put some words with your pictures? Just posting pictures isn't telling us anything. Are you selling or converting to a CC?

Keep in mind selling is not permitted in the forum. We can help to place a value, but that's it.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Look up the NADA boat section. Fill in the data and include your zip code. That'll give you starting point. If you get an immediate offer for the "book price", take it. Things are too uncertain now to haggle or wait too long.

That's what I would do, but then again I'm too impatient.

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jims123,thanks for the idea but NADA only goes back to 1971,and my chieftain is a 1967 my wife says I have to minany boats and the 22' is a little hard to manage with just her helping lol I love all my boats but "boat" means bring on another thousand so I think I'll go with the1981 18'starcrarfSS but I still want all of them,thanks again

southkogs

Staff member
Not gonna' be a lot of difference from a '67 to a '71. At those ages, condition becomes the key. Check your local Craigslist and/or Facebook Marketplace listings and see what simliar age/size/type boats are selling for. You can get an idea that way.

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for your help,Southkogs/Deep c mark 58A/and Jim S2123,what do you all think about the boat sitting on costom made for that boat trailer that cost about 2800$ tandum axkle surge disc brakes...

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
A nice trailer might add a couple hundred extra, but most people will be more concerned about the condition of the boat and engine.

If the boat is hard to handle for just 2 of you, upgrade the trailer with full rollers and add a power winch and you'll be able to handle it all by yourself.

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jim S 123,when I bought this boat the guy started it up,shifted f/r I was sold,I really liked shape of the hull the docking light.itwas about 10 miles away from my home and just hoped the trailer would make it home,and more afraid when I took it to new trailer made.when I said it was hard to handle it's because my wife is no help at all so it's hard for me to everything on my owne.the only that makes think about selling it times are kinda hard right now.thank you for input and help

Attachments

• photo327106.jpg
    photo327106.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • photo327107.jpg
    photo327107.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was just wondering how add boats and engines that I have had to my profile page,and tororeal on post pic again thank you

jbcurt00

Staff member
I was just wondering how add boats and engines that I have had to my profile page,and tororeal on post pic again thank you

Rikki, please stop posting your questions in unrelated/wrong topics.

The signature question was posted in a problem logging onto the site topic, clearly not related to your question.

Your question and a reply have been copied here, to 1 of your topics.

If you have questions about where to ask a specific question, default to asking in 1 of your own topics. Or Private Message any Moderator and ask for help.