StarCraft bilge pumps, where are they?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
1994 StarCraft Superfisherman 190.

The 3 bilge pumps, 1 baitwell and 2 live wells aren't working. Strange all 3 at the same time. I can't see the fuse box for the life of me. Mechanics must have a trick, the fuse box is buried under the driver scouncil facing inwards, rediculous. Where are these pumps please?

Thanks
Johnny D

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If the switches that control the pumps have little buttons along side or below them, those are circuit breakers and there would be no need for a fuse panel. As for the pumps. the intakes need to be below the water line and as such, would typically be located at the stern. Most have the intake plumbed right through the stern.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
My 2009 Starcraft had a very rudimentary electrical system. The fuse for the livewell was an inline fuse right at the connection to the battery.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
OK that's a start. Thanks. I have a call out to my marine guy, he was the one that told me they are kapoot and wanted to know if I wanted him to look into it. I personally never use them but my good friend bought 50% ownership of the boat and wants them working. I fill large pop bottles with water and freeze them then put the fish under them. Only for Perch would I use them and even then when water temps are in the 70's all the water does is poach those fish. The big Walleye we get here just fit in them and would die anyway. Always catch and release for Smallmouth Bass. Hopefully they are in good shape to release. If not we will take them for the table. I haven't found a single worm in one on Erie in the 30 years fishing for them.

Last edited:

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
My FIL used to raise worms in the back yard for bass fishing. When I first met him I inquired how he could catch one on a worm. After marrying his daughter and going up to their cottage on Lake Huron I thought I would be smart and took a bucket of minnows and another with softshells.

Son of a gun, up there I couldn't catch a thing but his crawlers brought home dinner.

Whoda thunkit?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I had a guy at work that was a farmer. He mentioned that they have a worm farm. I asked him how does he get all the worms in the barn at night? I grew up close to a golf course. There would be dozens of lights on the 1st fairway. It was worm pickers with flashlights. I have always out fished worms with soft shelled crabs hands down. Can't buy soft shelled crabs in Ontario any longer from bait guys. Not illegal to use them though. Almost not fair on Smallies here on Erie. Frogs for Large Mouth if using live bait. Of course I'm such a great fisherman I never need to use live bait!!! That is unless I am to bring home dinner. Emerald Shinners for Perch and I tip all my Walleye plugs and spoons with a bit of worm. There was a time I would go out on the lawn for worms at night. That was until I came across a 5 foot Milk Snake. Now I pay the guy. 4 bucks a dozen last year.

briangcc

Commander
Silly question - are you sure the switches are good? Pull one and short the wires to see if the pump runs. Would be an easier fix than trying to replace pumps....cheaper probably too!