Bennington Blackout Feedback

AndyCz

Recruit
Considering purchasing 2020 Bennington pontoon. Interested in feedback on blackout package for rails - specifically on how easily it scratches and if the sun heat is a problem. TIA

ahicks

Captain
I avoid black (or any other dark color) on any boat I own. Looks good, is different, because it can be VERY uncomfortable on bright sunny days. Black railing would not be something I would want anything like that around any young kids, or wives leaning on them while wearing a bathing suit.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Once i had a black car and said never again. So, what did i do? Went out and bought a black jetski.

It shows the water spots alllll the time. I literally have to wax it every time out.

My son has a black cruiser and it only gets waxed every few weeks. Sitting that long and it needs a chemical treatment before its waxed since the wax won't take off the calcium.

papajoe74

Cadet
Go to the clubbenningtonmarine.com website. The members on that forum will have all the information you need to know about a Bennington pontoon. I have one and find that website very informative.